What 'Situation Room Photo' reveals about us

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, May 6, 2011.

1. olias

olias

I agree.

And I love the analysis that this says something about Obama's lack of machismo. That's something I'd never really noticed, but I think explains why I have warmed up to him over the past 2 years. I didn't vote for him. I've always backed republicans, but he's completely won me over. He's the best president I've ever had. I also think he's probably the best 'person' that we have ever had as a president. Of all the presidents we have had, he seems to me to be the only one I'd want to sit down and have a real discussion with...that he would actually listen. I've never been a believer in 'big government' but I think that is exactly what we need right now. Maybe in better economic times I would hate Obama's economics, but I think he's exactly what we need right now. I'm gonna sing his praises til he's reelected, and probably long after.

#21     May 6, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

That's the truth. He doesn't bellow and chest drum, but if you need killin', he's gonna kill ya. ; )

#22     May 6, 2011
  3. Well, you're right about that. Dan Rather proved it with documentary evidence and got several awards for it...oh wait, my mistake, he was so obssessed with Bush derangement syndrome, he tried to use some clumsily falsified documents and got himself fired and left CBS in disgrace.

Bottom line, Bush flew fighter jets. His daddy didn't fly them for him, but his daddy was a Navy fighter pilot himself in WW II. Obama was a community organizer/errand boy for Tony Rezko.

#23     May 6, 2011
  4. What a joke. He bellowed for years about human rights violations because a few terrorists were slapped around. His Justice Department is infected with dirtbag lawyers who defended terrorists and tried to get them rights that would erode our security. He actually prosecuted members of a SEAL team that supposedly gave a terrorist a fat lip.

Now he is Conan the Destroyer? The irony is even his beloved UN is raising questions about violations of international law. He has potentially hung those SEALs out to dry so he could take credit for their bravery.

Some leader.

#24     May 6, 2011
  5. One problem the hard right has with Obama is that he is very well educated, which is against the rules if you are black, especially if you weren't sitting on the porch.

Almost by definition, the hard right is anti-intellectual. How many times have you heard that the liberals have invaded the colleges and universities. That is very telling.

So, their definition of a man is a tobacco chewing, cowboy hat wearing, pick-up driving guy(but only if it has a Hemi), that has an arsenal in his basement. ( In case the commies come).

Now, these same people have to deal with a ivy league basketball playing black man as CEO of what they thought was their great nation. Worse, they have to contend with the reality that they are now a severe minority. Last of the Mohican's, so to speak.

So, they salve this mental wound by saying:

1. He uses a teleprompter
    2. He was an affirmative action product and sucked as a student.
    3. He is not a "real" man. ( Refer to the above analysis of their mental state about masculinity)
    4. He was not even born here, he could not possibly be an American.
    5. He was a Manchurian Candidate, he could not possibly be a "real" American.
    6. Since he is not a "real" man, he could not have possibly killed OBL.

Listening with a trained ear can tell so much about an individual or a group.

#25     May 6, 2011
  6. Get back on the toilet and finish your shit.

#26     May 6, 2011

7. Oh, yeah, forgot one.
    7. He is a closet Muslim. "Real" Americans can only be Christian, everybody knows that :D

#27     May 6, 2011
  8. :D :D :D

#28     May 6, 2011
  9. I know bugsy, gotcha dead to rights. You very first statement was an ad hom, rather than a refutation. But, since you most likely weren't trained in that area, I don't guess you can refute anything I say, can you:)

#29     May 6, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

How many times did he use the word "I" in his announcement of OBL's death?

Take your Obama man love blinders off Ricter.

#30     May 6, 2011