What options scanner do traders here use?

Discussion in 'Options' started by dcwriter2, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Not so much for volume break outs, but for P/L on spreads, condors, flies, etc.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Roll [my] own.

Insightful display; only what I need; stable, small; free.

ET180 likes this.
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

5. I should concentrate on only about 30 stocks and I analyze P/L on Excel myself.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  6. sfwind

sfwind

I am a long time LVX user; opened the account back on the days when they were on Montgomery St in San Fran. Met with the founders a few times. However, I only used LVX to place trades. There is not much to research. There is no sure way to interpret the option volume contrary to what those two brothers claimed on CNBC. I would rather research the underlying stocks and referenced to charts to form my own decisions, LVX is a very effective tool to execute trades especially spreads.

Robert Morse likes this.
  7. Doobs789

Doobs789

Nothing too fancy. I have a few custom scans in LVX that I run daily. The main one scans for names with high daily vol change. Parameters are;
    -spot > $15
    -avg option volume > 2500
    -IV30 > 20
    -Daily IV Chg > 7%

I also have run some earnings stuff. Mainly focusing on firms with irregular fiscal qtr end dates. But that’s all I’m going to reveal about that

Robert Morse likes this.
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Very simple rules: I have the same ~15 equities I trade options on, buy calls when they are down and sell calls when they are up.

birdman likes this.
  9. Mnewton

Mnewton

Probably the best Intraday scanner is on TOS.
    Not sure if will do spread scans for butterflies etc

#10     Apr 6, 2019