What kind of percentage return do you get per day?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Smart Money, Nov 19, 2009.

1. :confused:

#31     Nov 19, 2009
  2. I don't know why people even waste their time arguing over such a subject.

I can tell you that with my days at my old BD; with 250k up and leveraged quite well. My average day was more than 10% of that deposit.

To get to that level, it takes one thing...BALLS! Not being afraid of placing a trade.

#32     Nov 19, 2009
  3. My post was for the OP, Smart Money.

Damn right. It takes a few deep breaths while your setup forms to the signal and then balls of solid rock to send your own money out in to cyberspace, for others to manipulate.

#33     Nov 19, 2009
  4. Illum

Illum

It is a misconception to think that someone posting 1-2% per day should be Warren Buffet or a multimillionaire. It does not compound for someone with set buying power. If someone is at a prop firm they would not have more risk capital the next day after a 2% day. It would be the same, no compounding.

#34     Nov 19, 2009
  5. Show me somebody who can do that 2% a day and they insist on staying a prop trader or their firm does not increase their base.

I will show you an idiot and or a boneheaded stupid company without exception.

#35     Nov 19, 2009
  6. Thats where I am. I swing trade ETFs. I started a new method at the beginning of the month. So far, so good...1% a day on average compounding. But since I'm a swing trader, its more like 6% a week.

SM

#36     Nov 20, 2009
  7. Emini,

I have a method that works, and I wanted to know how it compares to others. This lets me know if I should keep looking for something better. Also...I swing trade, but my method can be applied to day trading...wondering how different the returns are.

You must know that asking others who is willing and able to increase my return wouldn't work at all. Anyone with a successful method would never share.

Lastly...hey...if you don't want to participate in the thread, then go away.

SM

#37     Nov 20, 2009
  8. Daal

Daal

There is a difference between % of the account returns, and % on the networth returns(including homes). While the former is fun to quote in order to get all the attention the latter is what really matters

#38     Nov 20, 2009
  9. NoDoji

NoDoji

If you are averaging 1% a day swinging ETF's and your strategy produces a high win percentage, consider swinging the options for major additional leverage. As an example, you could've shorted SPY this week when it got toppy around 111.00 and failed to break out and yesterday taken profits when support was established after the selloff. On 500 shares you netted around $800 or so. But if you bought 100 Dec $111 puts in the 2.80 range, you could've closed them yesterday in the 3.80 range for a $10K gain.

#39     Nov 20, 2009

10. No wonder you guys continually blow out your accounts and are perpetually starting over trying to reinvent the wheel.

1%/trading day consistently* are you kidding me, that's not enough?

Don't you think that's enough leverage or risk?

PS: Of course we all know that consistent part is hogwash anyway.
    I suspect that's what motivates you to THINK (snicker) I'll make up for it in leverage( :D )

#40     Nov 20, 2009