What kind of Commodities do you trade?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by atypic_defense, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Hello guys,
    I have a doubtfull question. Do you trade only one commodity or different types of commodities. For example, some trade only oil or some trade only metals like Gold& Silver. So is it good to focus on single commoduty or multi commoduties. For me i like to trade only industrial metals. What's your opinion.

2. Trade whatever you are profitable in. I use to bounce from product to product. Strategy, to Strategy. Now I just focus on risk management and not losing money before I even think about how much I'm going to make.

Apologetik likes this.
  3. maxinger

maxinger

Trade multi commodities like gold, crude oil, heating oil, copper, rb gas, silver,....

The more you trade, the more the opportunities

Occasionally I trade corn, soya, crude palm oil, rubber, lean hog.......

comagnum likes this.
  4. R1234

R1234

Which industrial metals? LME products like Zinc, Aluminum?

5. Yes, industrial metals such as Zinc, Aluminium, Nickel, Copper, Lead. I focus more on Dollar Index. Coz it has strong negative correlation with these metals.

Dollar Index in Green

[​IMG]

R1234 likes this.
  6. R1234

R1234

Ive been meaning to trade those LME metals but never did it mainly because they were forward contracts. Do they have 'normal' futures at present?

7. Here in India, we have MCX exchange...They offer futures trading in those 5 industrial metals. But i think MCX dont allow foreign traders. I checked CME, but theres no liquidity in such contracts..Shangai Futures Exchange also offeres those futures contracts of those metals.

R1234 likes this.
  8. Are oil and gasoline liquid contracts? Just kidding! :D

9. El Trado

El Trado

I have been focusing on oil and copper. Have tried almost everything, but those two are the ones I have been most successful with, and hence the ones I trade the most

10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

don't laugh i traded commodities all my life but i am eyeing up forex for several reasons ...

#10     Nov 15, 2020