What is your 401K performance YTD?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hajimow, Nov 29, 2007.

What is your 401K account performance YTD

Poll closed Dec 13, 2007.
  1. 0% to 5% and I am activley managing it (2 trades or more trades a week)

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. 5% to 10% and I am activley managing it (2 trades or more trades a week)

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Over 10% and I am activley managing it (2 trades or more trades a week)

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  4. Below 0% and I am activley managing it (2 trades or more trades a week)

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Below 0% and I am NOT activley managing it

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 0% to 5% and I am NOT activley managing it

19 vote(s)
    27.9%
  7. 5% to 10% and I am NOT activley managing it

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
  8. Above 10% and I am NOT activley managing it

19 vote(s)
    27.9%
  1. hajimow

hajimow

I know that 2007 is not over yet but 11 months is a good indication of the whole year.
    Note: By activley managing the account I mean at least 2 trades a week. Constant contributions to the existing funds in your account is not considered trading.

2. Actively managing a 401K is generally something more like 1 trade a month. 2 trades per week in a 401K is pretty crazy. It's not the intent of the account. My 401K brokerage certainly isn't setup for trading twice a week. I don't have that much control over trade execution.

3. hajimow

hajimow

I agree with you. I just wanted to put 2 trade per week to clearly say that 401K account is different from regular account. Some traders trade 10 trade a day in their regular accounts and they may not be considered active trader compared to those who trade over 50 trades a day.

4. above 10% (17.7 to be exact), but NOT active. I'm heavily weighted in International.

5. I gotcha. I move mine around about once a month. Up 20% for the year. Shifted from all domestic to global in april.

6. hajimow

hajimow

I maxed at 27% about a month ago but now down to 16.5%. All mutual funds. 60% international. Got out of oil sector in March which was a bad decision. I am getting hit by my real state mutual fund which is about 9% of my portfolio.

7. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

4.80%

25% small cap index -1.85%
    25% mid cap index +4.98%
    25% large cap index +3.93%
    25% international small cap +10.38%

Didn't make one trade this year or last.

8. cszulc

cszulc

23.8%, very happy with it with the volatility we had. Mainly up due to lots of great international exposure (Canada and China funds), large equity and bond exposure, and relatively no cash (5%, I'm only 25 years old).

9. Close to zero (.6%, to be morbidly exact), and not actively managing, by the criteria in the poll.
    A little better year-over-year (2.98%). But, I target 8% per year for long-term performance (I'm at nearly 14% over a two-year time frame, just slightly below my target, which is not bad, considering the recent unpleasantness), and I hit that almost exactly, pretty much, and have been for a long time. Higher than that in a very long-term account like this means you're taking way too much risk, IMO.

10. hajimow

hajimow

It seems that majority are not active in their 401K account and I see their performance is better than those who are active. No even one person who is not actively trading in his 401K account has reported below 0%.

#10     Nov 30, 2007