What is "eSignal" and should I use it for market data? Is it better than IB's own feeds?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by d0rian, Jan 7, 2020.

1. d0rian

d0rian

Under Global Configuration...General...eSignal, it asks whether I want to use eSignal for Market Data -- a rep told me that that's an alternative data provider (requiring separate paid subscription). Rep said that it would be the data provider for both data in TWS *and* what gets streamed into Excel via API.

I just want to know what the pros/cons are of using eSignal for market data, since a Google search turned up remarkably little info. I have performance issues with TWS + Excel (since I'm streaming in several hundred contracts simultaneously), and want to know if eSignal will be substantially faster / more reliable, etc.

Anyone here use eSignal?

murray t turtle and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  2. I too am interested in this.

3. Simples

Simples

I've used eSignal before. It's a charting package and you need to run their client in order to get the data, even to stream data into other applications. I could be wrong, but don't think they've changed their policy on this.

https://www.esignal.com/compare-products

They clean their data and provide many markets, but you'd need to investigate deeper to see if it fits your needs.

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. one or two years ago i got info that esignal did not provide api for non institute clients.

5. Yeah... Fat client is a no go for me unfortunately

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. %%
    Better than average;
    + sure better than YHOO, mountain dew. I lost e signal intraday once/seldom;
    but 20 day chart worked well so NO need to close a position fast, dorian...........................................................................................