What is a good percentage annual return for a day trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mrmarket, Dec 1, 2003.

1. The problem with this thread is that it depends on the amount traded. I am not just talking about the lack of need to earn high returns and take greater risks when you already have a lot of money.

I am also speaking of hedging pressures (both legal and illegal) that do not scale linearly with the amount of money traded.

For example, imagine a strategy that could consistently make 1500% in a week, but only if you started the week with 50 dollars. So the question is too simple.

#71     Jul 6, 2015
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Pie in the sky develops as a natural course of human interaction and behavior especially amongst those who shadow themselves from a realistic perspective built upon slow discussions of inherent contributory principles. The main ingredient to swerve to and fro from is the apocalyptic result of aiming for a target that cannot be reached or approached by anyone, even a representative of the twice thrived realm. Out Men Six was a good and descriptive pictorial which had a third added to the overall suspicious beast, whereas the tome had incredible like-like and disturbance made qualities.

#72     Jul 6, 2015
  3. pinfire

pinfire

No fix percentage can be said about return in forex trading . May be you double your amount in a month or in a year . You can also loose your money . Depending on your skill of trading you will determine the average success in trading. I hardly make 10% profit in a month , All traders are different in their ability to make profits.

#73     Jul 8, 2015
    1. Build a system to daytrade and see what you can make.
    2. Realize that this is the best you can get.
    3. Decide for yourself if it is enough for you to continu.
    4. Understand that what other can make will not affect your performance.
    5. The only thing that can affect your performance is your own hard work.
    So the question from the OP is irrelevant, and this thread is more than 10 years old.

#74     Jul 8, 2015
  4. Good post. This can vary Greatly :cool: on a number of factors and variables.
    I'm glad you revived it -- wasn't aware of this.

#75     Jul 8, 2015