What does bitcoin have to do with trading?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by trade2live, Nov 24, 2013.

1. What does bitcoin have to do with trading Baron ?
    See. This is what drives a bubble. Every media feels the need
    to talk about bitcoin, just to generate audience and traffic.
    btw this vid tells me to run away from bitcoin, it sounds like a commercial made for gullible people (can't help thinking that due to the british accent).

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The whole point of this website is to gather people who want to make money trading financial instruments for a profit, whether it be stocks, options, futures, forex, bitcoin, etc.

I think bitcoin is exciting and always have. It's disruptive, volatile, and fairly unregulated compared to other markets.

It reminds me of trading Nasdaq stocks back in the days when the SOES system existed and when the quotes were in fractions. There was also no pattern daytrading rule, so it was an exciting time to be a day trader, and anyone with a few thousand dollars could give it a try. But times have changed, so the opportunities that were available back then are no longer available now. So we move forward trying to find the next wave of opportunity. For many, the crank down on day trading stocks meant they had to find something new, something with less regulation and more opportunity, which is why so many people defected to Futures and Forex trading.

Bitcoin is just another avenue for those looking to venture into a new market. It's not for everybody, that's for sure. But for those who are forward thinkers and not scared of trying something new with risk capital they can afford to lose, Bitcoin is certainly worth investigating.

3. so tell me how you trade it ! You cannot short this thing.
    And why not start a thread on sports betting or trading baseball cards while you are at it !

4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Read the first paragraph of Baron's post. Sports betting and baseball cards are not financial instruments. Besides the liquidity in collectibles like baseball cards is for shit.

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Some of the exchanges let you short it, there are also futures on it and binary options too.

To get more info, ET isn't really the best site, but you are not that interested anyway...

Now what does Bitcon have to do with trading? I dunno, just being the most volatile tradable instrument of recent times and having the first globally aviable CLEARLY 24/7 instrument...

6. Oh yeah what about those CME futures ! Are they online yet`? :D

7. @Baron

AFAIK There are no professional traders of bitcoin. Is ET a website for serious traders ? You don't have a CFD forum or a digital option forum I believe. So why so much attention to bitcoin ?

8. FXforex

FXforex

+1

And why not a forum for Penny Stocks?

9. What exchange lets leverage against bitcoin ?

10. Pekelo

Pekelo

because pump and dump.....

You guys are silly. Usage and readership are falling, and you are trying to tell to the owner that the hottest thing to trade shouldn't have a forum, that actually brings in new readers, aka average joe???

Silly you... :)

If you don't like the subforum, don't read it...

#10     Nov 24, 2013