What do you think when you see a famous trader now selling courses & mentorship plans?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SteveM, Dec 14, 2019.

1. ironchef

ironchef

In that case, for that price, he/she must not be very good?

#41     Dec 15, 2019
  2. ironchef

ironchef

If Stan Druckenmiller offers a trading course, I would sign up in a heartbeat.

#42     Dec 15, 2019
  3. tomorton

tomorton

You just have to be realistic as a pupil. If someone teaches you everything they know and everything you need, what will they sell you next year? If you are making abundant money every month from what they taught you, you won't be tempted to buy their next course or book or follow their trading room or whatever.

And if you know what they know, what's to stop you passing it on? Maybe for free.....

All trading training and teaching and textbooks are designed to make you get poorer, but slowly. That way you still have capital, you're still in the game and you just know you're just on the edge of breaking through to easy big money, but you just need a little more knowledge, a little more coaching.......

#43     Dec 15, 2019
    smallfil and themickey like this.
  4. maxinger

maxinger

Professional Coach earns money by teaching.
    Occassionally he might trade but most likely he wouldn't succeed.

Professional Trader earns money by trading.
    Occassionally he might teach people out of goodwill. He would do it rarely.
    Common sense will tell you after you have earned millions of dollars from trading,
    you'd never ever want to coach people and face hostile angry frustrated critical demanding students.
    why bother to coach student and earn such a tiny $1500 per student amount when you can easily earn $$$f rom trading?

Unsuccessful trader wouldn't be able to earn a single cent from trading.
    So to put his skills to good use, he'd better be a professional coach.

Professional Coach and Professional Trader cannot & will not be same person.

#44     Dec 15, 2019
    DTB2, SimpleMeLike and dealmaker like this.
  5. ironchef

ironchef

There are always exceptions. Perhaps she is one. I really liked her approach when I read Schwager.

#45     Dec 15, 2019
  6. Nobert

Nobert

What do i think.

I think , that i will enlist one day, when the wallet becomes to heavy.

Share decades of expierence. Get paid. Whats wrong with that. No shame.

Im sure he isn't doing this, to buy a new yacht :

https://www.masterclass.com/classes/hans-zimmer-teaches-film-scoring

If i ever would reach such point, it would be only to give away those profits , single mothers, animal care, people with disabilities etc.

,,Meaningful work & meaningful relationships"

R.Dalio

+ get paid

Whats better :)

Goosebump injection :
    (smoking cigarette, dreaming, casting myself a vision, that one day, with enough of capital, would make a huge drawing, of Einshtein, Mozart & Davinci portraits next to each other in single piece, calling it - Mastery )

p.s. Tesla could find his place there too

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    #46     Dec 16, 2019
  7. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

...and trying to stay relevant.

#47     Dec 16, 2019
  8. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

There is always an up sell in those seminars.

#48     Dec 16, 2019
    ironchef likes this.
  9. danielc1

danielc1

She is selling what people want. Easy answers to a difficult and demanding profession. The world is full of pipe dreamers with no commitment to really learn the craft. To capitalize on those kind of people is a choice. Maybe she find someone trough the education process that a person really wants to learn and take it to the next level. Most traders that are successful find it a waste of their legacy, if all their knowledge will be gone someday. People with no money, money is everything for them. They do not see the intentions why she choose to share some of the ideas and experience she had. Their must be a catch...

#49     Dec 17, 2019
  10. ironchef

ironchef

Yes, I knew of two up sell strategies:

1. A couple of friends attended a $795 3 day option trading classes in San Diego. Taught some options basics but most of the time they were selling their services to manage your money for you calling it mentorship. My friends could monitor the trade real time and witnessed how the pros selected what and when to trade. They charged a fee and 20% of the profits but won't share the losses, i.e., like a hedge fund. One guy gave them $100K to trade. Six months later that $100K became $40K and he terminated the relationship and learned a painful lesson.

2. A couple of friends attended a free half day trading seminar in Southern Cal that supposed to teach a patented supply and demand strategy. All the instructor did was trying to sell them a $399 class on what is supply and demand and how to apply that strategy. One guy took the $399 class (which was discounted to $199 when he signed up immediately). Most of what they did in the $399 class was selling a $2,999 class. They have a $30K class which I assumed is when they really teach you their method.

#50     Dec 17, 2019
    Amun Ra and dealmaker like this.