What do you think when you see a famous trader now selling courses & mentorship plans?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SteveM, Dec 14, 2019.

1. speedo

speedo

I traded with a former associate of hers who told me things with respect to day trades which I consider to have been divulged in confidence and will strictly observe. I DO respect her research and ideas. That's my only comment as to LBR.

#21     Dec 14, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  2. southall

southall

Do you think pretty much all of the old timers in Market wizards are no longer making money?

What about other old timers like Jim Simmons has he stopped making money too?

#22     Dec 14, 2019
  3. speedo

speedo

Why even respond to nonsense like that..

#23     Dec 14, 2019
    dealmaker likes this.
  4. guru

guru

I respect Jim but he would have no idea how to trade stocks right now, and he said so. Having a team of scientists developing computer software has nothing to do with manual trading or teaching people how to trade, and actually validates the whole point that no old timer can manually trade or teach anyone how to trade. Unless Jim Simmons’ team would be willing to teach you how to build trading algorithms. I’d sign up in an instant.

#24     Dec 14, 2019
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

in the below thread LBR says Educators, bloggers/ vloggers would not be doing what they do if they could make $ trading. Following aGuru is a losing game. Listen after minute 40:00...
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...e-fund-veteran-linda-bradford-raschke.299601/

#25     Dec 14, 2019
    SimpleMeLike and comagnum like this.
  6. southall

southall

Are saying it is no longer possible to make money with any type of manual trading?

#26     Dec 14, 2019
  7. ETJ

ETJ

Someone paid him seven figures to license his name and they indemnified him against any responsibility.

#27     Dec 14, 2019
  8. Wheezooo

Wheezooo

Part one is a rather narrow definition of financial products, for you to then use to conclude part two.

#28     Dec 14, 2019
  9. guru

guru

It may be possible, there are some successful prop firms.
    But I don’t hear about old-timers anymore, big trades, big years they’ve had, etc.
    Now they only want to teach.
    I’ve seen at least one of them in an interview taking about surviving big drawdowns years ago, which now wouldn’t be possible due to regulations. That’s just one issue, while trading conditions have also changed.
    Some great traders I follow seem to be trading penny stocks and volatility - different stuff than the old timers, maybe except for Tim Sykes if you’d include him in that group.
    There are also some niche markets, but they don’t teach/train great edges that still remain there. So at least I still don’t see great traders teaching.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    #29     Dec 14, 2019
  10. guru

guru

My mistake. Still, plenty of speculation about great old timers from Market Wizards, so which ones are currently still making those great trades, having great years, and without a need to teach?

#30     Dec 14, 2019