What do you think when you see a famous trader now selling courses & mentorship plans?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SteveM, Dec 14, 2019.

1. She's been pitching courses for decades. Nothing new.

#11     Dec 14, 2019
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You state that lately you've been...

receiving emails from this person regarding trading workshops and mentorships that cost around $1,500.

Its simple, if the emails are unsolicited...its called spam. :rolleyes:

Yet, if you contacted the trader to find out about her trading or to see how she's doing after not having any contact...you caused the issue about the trader having access to your contact info so that she can spam you. Next, you can easily fix the problem...put her email address on your spam block (blacklist) and then let you spam guard do what's best...delete it.

If you know her and have communicated with her in the past, send her an email to let her know that you do not appreciate her sending you these emails and request that her stop with the spam.

Also, if you're receiving spam to a throw away email address...just ignore it or get a new throwaway email address.

In fact, I'm interested in knowing how did LBR get your email address ?

wrbtrader

#12     Dec 14, 2019
  3. I think, greed is a patch program pre-installed by mother nature in our primitive brain. This small patch program is a designed to motivate us to crave for a better more prosperous life. And It works as a loop program. Thus, as long as we are alive there will be no end to our greed and desire for more. Get it! :sneaky:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    #13     Dec 14, 2019
  4. guru

guru

Pretty much all old timers are no longer making money, we don’t hear about new books about them, new names or great trades.
    Now we have computers, regulation, margin restrictions, erosion of arbitrage opportunities, etc.
    You can’t hold through large drawdowns that some of them survived.
    Everything is different.

They may teach general concepts of trading that cannot support anyone’s lifestyle.
    And now we have tons of free info on the internet and YouTube, and general awareness of all of the above.

The only training worth considering would be from one of ET members whose handle starts with @d, but he may be too busy, trading.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    #14     Dec 14, 2019
    ironchef and Pekelo like this.
  5. bone

bone

That is a true fact.

#15     Dec 14, 2019
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

Agreed

#16     Dec 14, 2019
    guru likes this.
  7. I can understand and relate to the need to do something else and find some kind of meaning beyond trading. For some people - I'm sure writing a book is a goal in itself.

But if you're actually selling mentorships and selling workshops for a relatively small amount of money, you're spending valuable time which would be more worth using to trade successfully.

Why not rather mentor someone for free or train them to manage your money?

On a related note - there was a guy I used to respect posting here in the past. Even then, he was selling services and books, but I suspected it to be supplementary income or just something he enjoyed doing. However, after he started really 'selling' his services, acting as an official vendor and so on, it became apparent to me that he's probably not very successful in his actual trading and actually does the mentoring stuff/book selling because he needs the money.

#17     Dec 14, 2019
  8. comagnum

comagnum

LBR's incredible CTA track record speaks for itself as does her longevity with trading. She has many free Youtube videos outlining how she trades. She has a lot of people well aware of her performance always asking her to conduct seminars, speak at conferences, etc. If anyone has earned the right to get paid for this, she sure has.

LBR was ranked 17th out of 4500 hedge funds for top 5 year performance as rated by Barclay Hedge.

CTAs are required to register with the U.S. government's Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CTFC) before they can offer themselves to the public as money managers. CTAs are also required to go through an FBI deep background check, and provide rigorous disclosure documents (and independent audits of financial statements every year), which are reviewed by the National Futures Association (NFA), a self-regulatory watchdog organization.

Funny how virtually nobody scrutinizes the Charlatans that sell the dream to the masses of newbies - teaching them to trade the most volatile penny/micro/small cap stocks. Not a one of them has ever furnished even a month of a fully audited trading records

#18     Dec 14, 2019
    Wide Tailz, maler and SimpleMeLike like this.
  9. speedo

speedo

I have no personal interest in the institutional trade. She teaches day trading which is a different animal.

#19     Dec 14, 2019
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  10. comagnum

comagnum

LBR is not an institutional trader She has been an independent trader for a long time now - I think she is semi retired.

She is a hybrid day & swing trader by the way.

#20     Dec 14, 2019