What do you think of Facebook( NASDAQ:FB )?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Carl77, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Carl77

Carl77

Us social media giant Facebook( NASDAQ:FB )It has dominated the media headlines for many days and has been questioned by the US Congress. What do you think of the strong performance and soaring stock price?

2. I own the Nov $230-$240 Calls, great stock IMHO.

3. ironchef

ironchef

Would be even better if China unblocks Facebook and allows it to operate there.

4. SunTrader

SunTrader

Yup and they don't have to worry about FB being complicit in helping fix their elections ... since they do that already themselves lol.

5. Carl77

Carl77

Sorry, the wrong picture was uploaded.I hope China can open up good foreign stocks as soon as possible. It's hard to do American stocks in China.

6. ironchef

ironchef

For years China blocked all US social media, search companies to operate in China. Prior US G didn't do anything to counter. Trump decided to do the same to Chinese media and search companies. That move should benefit all US tech companies.

7. SunTrader

SunTrader

Or just wall us both off from each other.

8. Carl77

Carl77

But is it really the case? I think that in the future, China and the United States will improve their stock market policies. They will be restricted by each other and will be difficult to develop

9. ironchef

ironchef

Nothing to do with stock market policy more to do with political policy: How much freedom do you want to give your citizens.

I am not saying more freedom is good, for example we cannot freely kill someone, cannot freely discriminate against race, color, sexual orientation, religion.... Perhaps different countries have different standards, priorities....

10. Carl77

Carl77

Maybe.

#10     Aug 14, 2020