what do currency traders use since they aren't shown volume, then can futures volume be an analog?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Jun 15, 2018.

1. When I was looking over this chart I saw there was a section at the bottom where volume was put.

2. take a day-off...

3. tomorton

tomorton

You could use the sentiment indicators from various brokers etc., show you what % of clients in a pair are long or short.

There's an argument that if you take the contrary view to the majority the indicator shows, you should be in with a shout.

5. Onra

Onra

I use an indicator from emini-watch that looks at volume;
    On my 1 min. setup I use EURUSD spot forex for main chart
    and beneath a 6E chart with the indicator.
    That signal is transferred back to the topchart...

6. Peter10

Peter10

check the volume for fx futures

7. Xela

Xela

Yes indeed ... very much so. Since spot forex is a decentralized market, a forex broker can only show you their own volume, which is as close to useless as you can get. But the volume of the front month of the corresponding futures (when there is one) is a very good analog.

(I seem to remember answering something you asked on this exact(?) subject around 3-4 months ago, and am confused now, in case I've misunderstood your question ... :confused: ).

8. Handle123

Handle123

I prefer trading futures, but sometimes have to keep skills in check with trade Forex, have two different data sources, one for forex and one from CME, so if trading Euro/USD, Volume of Euro futures placed under chart of Forex data, sometimes it is almost like cheating, LOL

Peter10, beginner66 and Xela like this.
  9. Forex Traders,

Did you read this post quoted below..pay attention. He even gave you the screen layout...what else do you want?

ES

P.S. My most favorite thing to do is to cheat the cheaters and beat them at their own game. I hate Forex.

Xela likes this.
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Never found volume useful so never been a issue to me.

#10     Jun 17, 2018