What comes after EUR?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by eurojack, Jun 5, 2012.

1. eurojack

eurojack

What are we going to trade next year or even late this year, in case (when) Euro collapses? Is there going to be another EMU (immediately after the brake-up) consisting early-EU members or is DEM coming back as well as other currencies? Should we change our base currency (and our savings) now when EUR is still worth something? Or do you see another outcome?

2. AUDUSD
    GBPUSD

USDCAD
    USDCHF

~Cross Currencies
    AUDCHF
    AUDJPY
    AUDNZD
    CADCHF
    CADJPY
    CHFJPY
    GBPAUD
    GBPCAD
    GBPCHF
    GBPJPY
    GBPNZD
    NZDCAD
    NZDCHF
    NZDJPY
    NZDUSD
    SGDJPY
    USDDKK
    USDHKD
    USDNOK
    USDSEK
    USDSGD

Drachma

3. I think we might have EURO1 and EURO2, where EURO2 is a devalued currency for the other countries. It would make sense that they keep it devalued at something like a constant 2:1 or 3:1 if it gets worse. Get rid of your Euro savings today, it just got a boost recently which is still unrealistic. Either that or wait for Greece elections to finish and then run to the exchange offices on June 18th if its not good.

4. thinking about it makes me dizzy :) and thats due to my short knowledge of the matter, but one thing i think might help, is lets juts wait for the big guys to do something about when it happens, while we look for opportunities to make money out of it :D

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Go long DEM/GRD.

6. FX_Gigi

FX_Gigi

We can go ahead with Chinese currency Yuan because it is now in top 10 currencies.