What are the cheapest equity option brokers now?

Discussion in 'Options' started by dcwriter2, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Fidelity at 0.65 cents per contract?

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Fidelity do not sell order flow either, I think.

3. raVar

raVar

For Retail Traders with no negotiation? TastyWorks at 1.00 in, and $0.00 out, which is in essence, $0.50 a side, but the advantage, besides price ... is that on option positions ... you can manage the position a little early and not take the hit on it. In other words, you get in ... then want to scalp an Option Position (Sorry Tom, but you are NOT the first to run across that strategy, no matter what he says. Option traders have been scalping Iron Condors and Strangles and Straddles as long as I've known about such strategies) and increase your Probability of Profit? You don't have to worry about exiting commissions coming and taking a bite out of your exit ...

4. What about TDAmeritade?

5. 90% plus of mine expire worthless, so I'm not sure they would work for me.

raVar likes this.
  6. bbpp

bbpp

7. guru

guru

Robinhood is truly $0 for options, but has lots of quirks, not only basic GUI and features, but for example they may automatically close your option an hour before market closes prior to expiration to avoid exercise. (especially if it would result in short stock position that they don’t support). They also don’t support options on futures and indexes, no portfolio margin, etc.

TradeZero is also $0 but charges $35 per option exercise or assignment.

8. I use Ameritrade ... .65 per contract on open and close seems reasonable to me ... Plus their platform is super easy to use ..

9. Very reasonable, especially when you can also close a 5c option for zero commission, in which case they are even cheaper than TastyTrade .. (0.65 per the two legs, versus 1.00 per the two legs....)

Bushwacked9 likes this.