What are the chances the first week of July is a down week?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by noddyboy, Jun 29, 2007.

What are the chances the first week of July is a down week?

Poll closed Jul 1, 2007.
  1. 100% up room to go!

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. 50-50%

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. 100% sell all rallies down!

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. all terror news is 100% bullish for markets $$$

I love 100% up room to go $$

go futures $$$

#11     Jul 1, 2007
  2. noddyboy

noddyboy

Last chance to vote...poll ending soon!

#12     Jul 1, 2007
  3. noddyboy

noddyboy

I think it is going to be another flat week...Hong Kong closed on Monday, US closed on Wednesday. Polls show balanced view between bulls and bears...

#13     Jul 1, 2007
  4. U.S. Fears al Qaeda Summer Terror Spectacular
    By News Admin | July 1, 2007

A secret U.S. law enforcement report, prepared for the Department of Homeland Security, warns that al Qaeda is planning a terror “spectacular” this summer, according to a senior official with access to the document.

“This is reminiscent of the warnings and intelligence we were getting in the summer of 2001,” the official told ABCNews.com.

ABC News is reporting U.S. law enforcement officials received intelligence reports two weeks ago warning of terror attacks in Glasgow and Prague, the Czech Republic, against “airport infrastructure and aircraft.”

The warnings apparently never reached officials in Scotland, who said this weekend they had received “no advance intelligence” that Glasgow might be a target.

Officials in Germany have publicly warned that the country could face a major attack this summer, also comparing the situation to the pre-9/11 summer of 2001. However similar warnings have not been issued to the American public.

Several potential threats have been reported on National Terror Alert including:

I think 1503,1500 hold in the S&P and we trade choppy all week.
    Unless something happens, as rumors float that a attack is to be played out in mulitpul cities with conventional bombs. Not just Cities but also smaller rual areas. This is a report released by International Intelligence agencies and now is being leaked to the press.

The last few terrorist attacks abroad, the market has rallyed...in a strange twisted fate. However, if we are attacked as described, I think it will bring back the notion of a deeper and wider war in the middle east, oil spike and Fear which will cause a serious volititle market, with wild swings, and a key reversal move.

IMHO

:confused:

#14     Jul 1, 2007
  5. noddyboy

noddyboy

Yeah...even if the attack ultimately causes a decline, it seems the first inclination is to rally.

#15     Jul 2, 2007

6. who called it????

I love 100% up room to go with ZERO RISK$$$$

#16     Jul 2, 2007