What are the advantage of recruitment agency?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paxton579, Aug 8, 2022.

1. paxton579

paxton579

Hi, My name is Paxton from Toronto. I am looking for a job. Is that okay to go for a recruitment agency? What are the advantages of a recruitment agency?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. easymon1

easymon1

Top of my head, I'm thinkin they could show you how to use a spell-checker / grammer checker, and gate you into positions that are suitable for your level of expertise. Save everybody concerned a boatload of time.
    Know what you want to do and how much you want.
    Always aim to have at least two active offers before accepting anything, just like at the club, right?
    Break a leg!

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    Sounds wise\ as long as you don't pay them a fee in this hi worker demand market. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

4. easymon1

easymon1

Fees are fine if they provide benefit beyond their cost.

I hava story about a college girlfriend's brother who landed a freakin awesome position through a headhunter. So they send him on an interview and after he went on the first interview they provided he returned from that interview, met the headhunter at a restaurant, brought along a $300 bottle of wine to get things started, then laid out that he was interested in a special opportunity and willing to be patient and do as many interviews as it takes.
    She within a week sent him on an interview involving the rollout of a new technology in the medical field. The company liked what they saw, he got the position. He was a Journalism grad, he don't know squat about medical, lol. No problemo, they trained him from stem to stern. The product blossomed bigtime worldwide. Rental properties were methodically bought by this cat thereafter. Smiles all around.
    That interview was the Second interview he went on, lol. 2. Know what you want and how much you are worth to do it well. Then do it well. Fees can be just fine.

5. ph1l

ph1l

That's a grategreat idea!:)
    upload_2022-8-9_21-46-28.png

easymon1 likes this.
  6. easymon1

easymon1

There ya go, paxton579.
    ph1l, a bad MoFo fa sho, gots a example perfectus of a situation where a second set of sharp eyes and sharp brain cells (Not Shart brain cells like Jerry Nadler) can help you put yourself out there in your best light. Grammar, grammer, ya loine something daily, no? Whoodathunket? Jada Pinkett?
    https://www.skygrammar.com/grammer-or-grammar/

Somebody who specializes in a field you're interested in may have contacts they've worked with and make long time happy now too. Maybe even provide entre to venues that ordinarily you would not have. Get to know them and you be generating smiles all soon around too, no? Maybe yes. Taking tours of facilities at companies where you might want to work is also good if you already have some time, contacts, expertise in a particular industry. Swap cards and stories and take your time. Usually a nice meal works it's way in there. They will do crap like hire you and ask for a resume after all the dust settles and the HR drone scrambles by with a breathless, we need a resume for your file, lol, depending on who you deal with. Break a freakin' leg P-Man! And trade PA every time you get a chance.

delete.jpg