What are some good features you use on Interactive Brokers TWS software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by helpme_please, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Good features refer to those that enhance your productivity as a trader and investor. My favourite feature are the reports generated by IBKR. They tell me how is my performance compared to the benchmarks.

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

[click bait] {but then, I bit.... sheeesh.}

The total customization ability of TWS. I don't know of many that are the same -- and some are not close. The data/columns/set-up you choose are all aimed (or *should* be aimed) at sharpening the scalpel which is TWS. Add that to 1-touch trades.... Woof! You be's one quick sumbitch.

vanzandt and JackRab like this.
  3. JackRab

JackRab

options vol analysis
    news
    total customization
    link w excel/api-stuff
    it's pretty

damnit... I also fell for the clickbait!!!

tommcginnis likes this.
  4. kmiklas

kmiklas

The API!

tommcginnis and helpme_please like this.
  5. CBC

CBC

I like the uninstall option :confused:

JackRab likes this.
  6. JackRab

JackRab

Good one :D

7. The Upcoming Earnings column (small extra cost) is a must. Also, Fee Rate if you short sell.

For orders, be sure to give IB's algos a try.

For stocks with a horsesh!t 5-cent spread, try using pegged-to-mid orders routed to IEX.

Be sure to user Header Rows and order presets.

If anyone knows how to show the day's total account MtM PnL in the Trader Dashboard, let me know. I've been asking for it for eight years now ( :banghead:), but apparently no one wants to be able to see total PnL at a glance without loading the Portfolio tab. Ironically, it's shown in giant font in the TWS Android app.

8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

"Realized PnL in base currency" ?? It's right there. Always was a fine thing to see shining green when I was a tick scalper. (Not that it was always shining green, but when it was shining green, that was always a fine, fine thing. ... ... I need more coffee.)

9. No. Like I said, MtM PnL, aka, "Daily P&L" on the Portfolio tab. I couldn't care less what my realized PnL is for a day. Looking for MtM PnL (Daily PnL) up in the trader dashboard....for 8 years and counting.

10. Is anyone seeing a new data column that TWS is forcing people to use called "Ticker Action"? If you try to remove it, it will just stay there. BS. It showed up just today when the stable version was updated.

#10     Mar 24, 2017