WeWork Bailout

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Oct 11, 2019.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

WeWork Bailout

WeWork needs cash fast—as in, by the end of November. JPMorgan Chase is leading the financing negotiations, and any loans WeWork secures will be pricier than those in the not-so-distant past, when it was a hot ticket rather than a car-crash. Financial Times

Nobert likes this.
  2. Once "Valued" at over $47 billion only 2 months ago.....now goes to zero. Makes sense.

damon_achey and athlonmank8 like this.
  3. noddyboy

noddyboy

It is going to be in the history books for sure.

4. S2007S

S2007S

Wait till the recession comes and all those work spaces sit absolutely empty. ..he once said that his company was recession proof....yep.

5. KeLo

KeLo

WeWork is NOT a new concept. I have seen many of these office suite owners bite the dust.

Nobert likes this.
  6. Nobert

Nobert

,,47 Bil" o_O

Meanwhile :

startup-garage-600x321.jpg

KeLo likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Another pets.com, kinda.

How was WeWork ever valued at anything?

Renting (co-op) space in a place where other metrosexuals will do the same thing, so they can all make money blogging together? Just so they have human interaction?

A bunch of art fags who wish to get together to mull over the problems of the universe, while not earning enough money to pay for the rental space? Yeah, that will WeWork, for sure.

They are all Skyping, anyways. If you want to get your rocks off on your new form of work, just use "teleconferencing".

(Kids, that is what Skype is). And you can do it from home, where you live for free with mommy and daddy paying for your space. Why go and pay a shitton of money to rent space where you will be skyping with your coworkers? WTF?

8. fan27

fan27

Man...this is a bizarre post and has little basis in reality. Being able to get shared office space, a mailing address and all of the amnesties that go along with it (conference room, printers, etc) at a reasonable monthly rate is an in demand product. I can launch a startup and get shared office space for a team for under $1k per month. I am currently paying $300 per month for a private desk at a shared office space. The only reason I need the private desk is for the second monitor, otherwise I would rent the shared space for only $125 per month. There are companies that are successfully executing with this business model. WeWork is not one of them.

killATwill and dealmaker like this.
  9. S2007S

S2007S

10. noddyboy

noddyboy

#10     Oct 16, 2019