Well, I gotta go

Discussion in 'Forex' started by oldtime, Apr 29, 2012.

1. well, you have to twist your mind a little. I always keep the created crosses at the bottom of my screen. For one thing, as soon as I enter I put in a limit to add some more at a loss and that limit messes up my two minute charts, so if I want to watch it on the chart I pull up the cross.
    otherwise, if I am long gbp/aud and short gbp/usd that makes me short aud/usd

don't think about it too much, just know that I take a certain amount of joy living in my little make believe fantasy world. It has been a very good strategy for me, hopefully I am confident, but not complacent.

#61     Aug 19, 2012
  2. atticus changed my mind, I'm going to swap the long GBP/AUD and replace it with long GBP/JPY, and I'm ready to go with this before midnight. I'll get short the AUD later. (or who knows, by that time maybe long.)

#62     Aug 19, 2012
  3. I don't want to sway you, but I am going short EURJPY, which in the arb would imply short EURGBP and short GBPJPY. IOW, I don't like short yen against Europe, but dislike EUR more than GBP (longs). I see ZERO upside in short yen against Europe this week.

If you want long GBP then take a short EURGBP, but it's not a position I would take.

FWIW, I am going short EURAUD and EURJPY.

#63     Aug 19, 2012
  4. I won't hold you responsible, it was the observation about the big move in aud I was talking about, I'll be fine, and good luck to you too, even if we are on other sides, you take your profit first, and I'll get mine later,

like the old bull and the young bull were standing on the top of the hill, and they looked down in the valley and saw a whole herd of heifers. The young bull said, "Look at at all those heifers! Why don't we run down there and fuck one!" And the old bull said, "Why don't we just walk down there and fuck them all."

#64     Aug 19, 2012
  5. well, I put on that gbp, man, I paid through the nose on the spread even at interactive at 18:24 on a Sunday.

It's about what you would expect, winning on the CAD and USD, losing on the EUR and JPY.

I can feel myself getting sullen and withdrawn. Doesn't matter, I don't smoke pot even if it was legal when I am trading, but sure could have used some this weekend when I was flat. CYA next week.

#65     Aug 19, 2012
  6. contra

contra

That's probably a good thing, but I do, lol. I saw there was a thread about this drugs and trading but didn't get want to get involved in that, people who are asking of it would help their trading or some shit.

My trades are somewhat planned out a bit though so it's not like I'm some stoned kid sitting here clicking buy/sell on impulse.

Good luck with GBP. I'll probably lay low for now until I get something to run on.

#66     Aug 19, 2012
  7. thanks contra, I'll check in with you on your jounal. It gets lonely on a Tuesday night, it is always nice to know someone is also awake just watching and trying to figure. Plus I enjoy the fundamental reports. I use to do a little business out there on Long Island, probably nowhere near where you live. It involved recycling, and all the signs were triplicated, one in English, one in Spanish and one in what I guess was Russian (not sure) but some of the letters were backwards.

#67     Aug 19, 2012
  8. contra

contra

Cool. A third language on signs? Interesting, I can speak a bit of all 3 of those languages, yet not particularly great at any lol. Haven't seen much Russian signs except in some spots of Brooklyn, that isn't far from me.

Where are you these days?

I'll post in my journal when I have something worked out.

#68     Aug 19, 2012