Weird scenario trading

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Sky123987, Feb 8, 2008.

1. This order was for a single stock future

Single stock future was 25.50 * 25.60

I placed a sell limit order for 25.55, and it IMMEDIATELY got executed.

are orders allowed to be FULLY hidden on this exchange?

1) Did I place the order @ 25.55 and immediately someone took my offer?
    2) Did I place my order @ 25.55 and due to the latency the bid moved up to 25.55 so I ended up taking liquity?
    3) or was an order allowed to be completely hidden and when I placed by offer @ 25.55 there was a completely hidden bid @ 25.55 or above hence the immediate execution

Thanks

2. I know NOTHING about futures or SSFs, so keep that in mind when reading my reply, but I've seen what you're talking about happen on stocks, frequently, and I'm not talking about hidden Island prints. What's happening is an algo sitting very close to the exchange sees instantly when an order comes in and takes your liquidity immediately. Basically, the buyer was willing to get filled at .50 by someone going market or limiting .50 and not wanting to wait to get filled, however, any contract offered .55 (or maybe even higher) and below would get taken instantly since the algo would recognize it, but it wasn't a limit order hidden on the exchange.

3. Maybe none of the above. Maybe someone allowed 0.05 points discretion on his bid.

If the order was placed to open a short position maybe you got a so called "price imrpovement" by the algorithm of the market maker because they know market is going up and eventually they will make money at your expense:)

Bill

4. perr

perr

Maybe none of the above. Maybe someone allowed 0.05 points discretion on his bid.

If the order was placed to open a short position maybe you got a so called "price imrpovement" by the algorithm of the market maker because they know market is going up and eventually they will make money at your expense

Bill

------------------------------------------------

said very well Bill.

And to add to that, if they know the market is going
    "down" they will hold your order to see which way the
    market eventually is going to go and this is why your order
    will come back 20sec - 30sec a minute, maybe 5 minutes
    later. They will front-run your order first if it's going down.

They take your short order @25.55 (this is front-running very
    illegal) and become short at your expense and mind and everyone who trade's.

All broker's do this they steal from us all day long (not to mention market order's you know bad fills).

WHAT A COUNTRY U .S. A f ?????

Trade well,

perr

5. perr

perr

WHAT A COUNTRY U .S. A f:confused:

forgot smilies

perr