Weird price spikes in PFGBest/NT 6.5

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SonnyJim, May 24, 2011.

1. SonnyJim

SonnyJim

Hi - getting weird spikes in the price feed (see pic), using NT 6.5 and PFGBests's PFGAPI connector, tried reinstalling both, still getting the spikes, PFG says they can't duplicate it, any ideas?

Only happens live, historical data looks ok, just started after starting up NT this Sunday, and it happens on two different computers (one XP, one Win7)...

Thanks
    Jay

2. emg

emg

u are trading fx. looks the the marketdealers (banks, brokerages) are robbing slippage

3. SonnyJim

SonnyJim

Thanks for the reply emg, but i don't think that's it...

4. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

I suggest sending this to my support team however, you can check this by looking at Time & Sales window to watch to see if the out of range ticks are coming through.

5. SonnyJim

SonnyJim

Hi Ray, I did post in the Ninja support forum, they verified it, and suggested i take it up with PFG, which I will. On another forum, someone posted that he was having the same problem, using NT 7 (I use 6.5) and his started happening at the same time, so it is probably not a NT issue persay...thanks for your reply.

Jay

6. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Thanks for following up with my support team and I am glad they were able to help you.

7. SonnyJim

SonnyJim

Looks like PFGBest fixed the issue, so thanks to everyone for the replies, and thanks to the PFGBest folks for getting it solved.

8. emg

emg

FX charting will always have chart problems because there is no centralized exchange. FX small traders are at high risk of being rob by slippage from banks and brokerages which explain why the minimum to open a FX account is less than $500. The house will always laugh at the fx small traders and continue make profit from slippage

http://www.futuresmag.com/News/2010/10/Pages/NFA-sanctions-Gain-Capital-459000.aspx

Good Luck in your fx trading