Weekly Crude Report

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Jdesey, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Jdesey

Jdesey

I want to make sure I got this correct... the report is released at 9:30 AM CST/Chicago time on Wednesdays...

I understand that alot of CL traders opt to stay out of any trade for the 10 mins before and 10 mins after the report is released due to substantial volatility...

Is that all correct?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  2. algofy

algofy

the time is correct...the 10 mins before and after I'm not sure about that. I don't carry a position into the number but I don't mind flattening out a minute or so before the number and I'll sometimes get in right after the number is released, sometimes I'll wait a few mins.

Jdesey likes this.
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Jdesey likes this.
  4. Jdesey

Jdesey

got ya.... yeah, it is pretty obvious on the charts that it can go crazy when the report is released... we went up 70 ticks then down 90 in just 6 minutes... can you say stop out!

5. algofy

algofy

The time is correct assuming you are using central time.

6. Jdesey

Jdesey

7. algofy

algofy

Doesn't have to be stop out if you're playing very short term. The first pop is usually untradable as it happens right off the number most of the time. After that it's usually tradable.

8. Overnight

Overnight

What explained today's "pop" down for a buck 50 at about noon ET? Fascinating.

9. Jdesey

Jdesey

Who knows. I was short and caught 40 ticks. But of course it went crazy down really got after I exited.

10. algofy

algofy

Not sure, but I took a decent piece of it.

#10     Aug 1, 2017