Weed Bust

Discussion in 'Politics' started by zook, Mar 12, 2006.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

thats what i asked - apparently, its the bird!

about texas....

when i was in the states, i was going out with a chick from texas (originally a ny girl) she said that in the 70-80's you could walk into a bar (in texas) and there would be a big bowl of E's (ecstasy - mdma) for everyone. it was legal then, and few people even knew what they were, what iut did etc. few people even bothered trying cos they were just there.

seems a bit odd and i have trouble believing it - but stranger things have happened!

anyone remember the pink calie's?

:D

#31     Mar 15, 2006
  2. Banjo

Banjo

What is the ducting for,heat? and the pipes that are hanging between the lights from the ceiling?

#32     Mar 15, 2006
  3. Banjo

Banjo

Couple of points:
    1. I don't think there has ever been a complete archeological site discovered that didn't have remnants of some means of making ale/beer/mead or some consiousness altering brew. They gaurded and carried this gear around with them along with their fire making gear. It was work to make this stuff. Makes one wonder what this drive to altered states is. Is it simply an escape from from some degree of percieved misery, a spiritual quest for some reason for being, why is it present in some form all through human history as though it's some sort of universal need. Point being , it's apparently not going to go away.
    2. Attempts to regulate , overide this need have led to the two greatest crime waves in human history. Prohibition spawned the mob in the 20's and drugs spawned the narco powers that control some countries govts. The money involved is almost unimaginable. How much does the liquor lobby spend to keep drugs illegal, does narco money contribute, to this end? Does the enormous law enforcement contingent that has developed around the drug wars want drugs legalized, thereby losing their jobs. What % of crime is directly related to drugs. How much narco money is being handled/managed by big banks. All the big banks have had branches in the Caribbean for a long time, they're not there for the local population. I wouldn't look for legalisation anytime soon, too much money beng passed around for that to happen.

#33     Mar 15, 2006
  4. The problem with coca isn't the cultivation; it's the process to make base. It takes tons of coca leaves and it's extremely dirty; almost as nasty as making meth.

#34     Mar 15, 2006
  5. Long-term users of marijuana gradually become worse at learning and remembering things, a new study suggests.

“It definitely fogs your brain,” says Lambros Messinis, who led the study at the University Hospital of Patras in Greece.

Messinis and colleagues tested the mental abilities of 20 long-term users who had taken marijuana heavily – smoking at least four joints a week – for an average of 15 years. Their brains were rustier than those of 20 short-term users – who had averaged seven years of use – and 24 controls who had used the drug sporadically or not at all.

Long-term users performed worse in tests to measure memory, learning ability and the capacity to recall information. Asked to recall lists of 15 words that they had seen earlier, for example, the long-term users averaged seven, compared with nine recalled by short-term users and 12 by controls.

“Long-term users found it very difficult to learn through new information given verbally,” says Messinis. “It’s not to do with lack of attention but more the encoding process of memory.” Separate tests to probe attention span found that long-term users were able to pick up information immediately, without trouble.

#35     Mar 15, 2006
  6. JayS

JayS

Those lights are called Lumenarc's we use them in the reef aquarium hobby, they are metal halide. Those are pretty much the best you can get in the reef aquarium and also hydroponic/horticultural industry.

We buy them from the manufacture here: http://www.pacificgardensupply.com/

#36     Mar 15, 2006
  7. JayS

JayS

#37     Mar 15, 2006
  8. I'm still curious what the breakdown is.
    If you pay $3700.00 for a pound, thats $231.25 per oz. How much does a oz go for on the open market?
    A half oz? A ¼? An 1/8? or even a gram?

I'm sure some of you have current first hand knowledge of this. :)

#38     Mar 15, 2006
  9. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

i do but not in the states.

now it depends on what you are buying & selling

there used to be just hash and grass/weed. these are usually the same price, unless you get some exotic hash like charass or nepalese temple etc.

then there is the skunk which can be 10-20x the strength of the hash & weed you used to smoke in the 60's-80's. it is my opinion that it is this skunk which is the real danger to society. it can and does put people over the edge if they smoke it too much. skunk is usually grown in man made conditions. my guess is that those photos were growing skunk. its what the kids want these days.

as for pricing, hash/weed would go like this:
    £ 7 a 1/16 (teenager deal)
    £15 an 1/8 (student deal)
    £30 a 1/4 (graduate deal)
    £50 a half (getting too old for this deal)
    £80-100 an ounze (ive got a problem and am starting to deal myself...)

for skunk, you are talking £20-£25 an 1/8

i dont really do drugs anymore - not that id really call weed a drug. just growing out of it. but i also did a load of other shit. ive done more drugs than you could wave a stick at.

glad it never got too serious for me and was always recreational, although i will admit sometimes i may have smoked too much at the wrong times when i was younger and could have cost me some opportunities - but hey - whats a life without a few regrets!

i got to say though - i also had some fucking great times on drugs - evens stevens really. probably wouldnt change a thing......

:)

#39     Mar 15, 2006
  10. maxpi

maxpi

Don't tell your friends anything you don't want your enemies to know.

People give off too many clues after they get away with something for awhile, they forget that what they are doing is illegal. The biggest guys do that, believe it or not. The stuff the police do to catch up with them is really not rocket science, sometimes they are sitting around almost in the open in black and whites observing, I have seen that before a huge bust, a huge one.

A guy with a load of gasoline asked me for directions to a remote location in the desert where I live once!! I was laughing at/with the guy because after a couple of seconds he realized that I realized.... at least they were smart enough to avoid the utility bill thing. Other guys in the area got busted because they could not get their generators up and running in the first month of growing and that one utility bill was all it took.

#40     Mar 15, 2006