We will go back to horse driven carriage: Fratto

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Dec 3, 2010.

Do you support gold standard?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. nickdes

nickdes

The liberal left would not allow horses to be used in that manner, you know animal abuse!!!!!

#11     Dec 6, 2010
  2. Whats funny is that if you are republican, pro-life, or against gay marriage, the liberals would have no problem having you tied up and treated worse than animals.

#12     Dec 6, 2010
  3. I think it would be a good thing if Forex was shutdown with a return of a gold standard or something similar. Fx trading serves no purpose aside from making us some money and enriching the banks . Those FX moves are outrageous and take money from the people to put it into banker's pockets.

RE . the gold standard I am starting to short silver, but I am worried . It' s irrational maybe but I keep thinking what if Silver goes up because of a new silver standard or something along those lines? Would that be possible ?

#13     Dec 6, 2010
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

My Grandfather always said that more horses asses could be found in Washington than horses. He passed away in the early 1970's. If he only knew how right he really was...

#14     Dec 6, 2010
  5. what is carriage?

#15     Dec 6, 2010

6. No. Forex trading existed all through the classical gold standard years. That was how the gold standard worked, actually. Look up the definition of "gold export points".
    Also, not all countries were under the gold standard. The Austro-Hungarian empire, for instance, was outside it - despite all those Austrian economists, they used strictly modern methods of managing their currency via forward vs spot exchange operations.

#16     Dec 6, 2010
  7. Wheeled vehicle esp. drawn by horses.

#17     Dec 6, 2010