We Need School Security - Not Gun Control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 19, 2012.

1. We already have well regulated militias in our towns, they're called the police. They can hold onto all of our AR-15's in case the tyranny of the federal government becomes a serious problem.

#21     Dec 19, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

With all due respect, brother AAA.
    There will be no full scale insurrection.

Americans will stand by and do nothing when a government steals as almost as much of their income as they please and now plan to confiscate more.
    Americans will stand by as one of the most egregious laws in the history of the United States is implemented and confirmed by the so called supreme court: Obamacare.

And you think the citizens/slaves are going to mount an insurrection because they may not get to keep their SCARs?

The way this will be handled by the government will not be in one massive sweep.
    It will be done very slowly.
    Confiscations and fines will go like this:
    2 confiscations in Wisconsin.
    A month later: 1 confiscation in California.
    Two months later: 1 confiscation in Florida.
    A month later: 2 confiscation in Oregon.

The way laws are enforced is by example.
    When you set up the dominoes and thump the first one, the rest fall practically all by themselves.
    In other words, the government will proceed with such subtle caution that the sleepy citizens of this country won't even think about such actions as a full scale insurrection.
    I mean, of course, some will, but the overwhelming majority don't have the guts.

Personally, I'm way more upset about our tax scam and Obamacare than giving up my AR-15.

On the other hand, if Obama tried to take away all guns (which he won't), then that would be a totally different situation.

#22     Dec 19, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Uh...You kinda lost me on this one, brother Gilroy.

#23     Dec 19, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

Go read some Supreme Court decisions. The 2nd Amendment has been determined to be broader than state organized militias and has in fact been determined to be a right of the people. But then, you don't concern yourself with court decisions, do you? Just press on with your own personal belief, right or wrong. You're a good little liberal soldier.

#24     Dec 19, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

We also can't bend over and grab our ankles because a few gun nuts don't understand that it ain't 1776.

#25     Dec 19, 2012
  6. BSAM

BSAM

I suppose you agree with the recent actions of brother John Roberts?

#26     Dec 19, 2012
  7. How fast can shotguns fire bullets? There needs to be a limit on guns based on how much damage they could do. Truthfully, I would like our laws to be like Japan, but I don't know if that's realistic. I'm aware that Japan is a group of islands not bordered by countries like Mexico and has a very different culture. While an isolated island, Australia's culture is more like ours and they banned semi-automatic weapons. There haven't been any massacres since.

#27     Dec 19, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Shotguns can do massive damage.
    I would, however, allow shotguns.
    They are generally not considered an assault weapon.
    Citizens must be allowed such a weapon for personal protection.

#28     Dec 19, 2012
  9. The Constitution makes it very clear that the people have the right to bear arms, because we need a well regulated militia to insure a free state. Anyways, I don't agree with everything in the Constitution, much less with how the Supreme Court interprets it. I'm not going to let a document from the 1700's be my judgement for how I think the country should live in the 21st century.

#29     Dec 19, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

On the issue of gun control, I'm with you here, brother Gilroy.

#30     Dec 19, 2012