We Need Louis Rukeyser, Because the Jackasses in Power Are Brain Dead

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 18, 2008.

1. I guess no one in a position to calm financial markets knows what to do.

Although he was anchorman of a financial show, does anyone remember Louis Rukeyser after the 9/11 attacks? What class and composure he had, and he wasn't even in an official position of responsibility. He reminded people that panicking was a bad long term strategy for one's financial health. And he was right.

His simple act of speaking, so eloquently and wisely, helped many long term investors keep perspective.

Now, no one, even in positions of real power or authority, is saying anything, doing anything substantive or even planning to do anything, it would appear.

Where is the voice of calm, reason and decisiveness during this financial crisis (and soon-to-be market) crash?

As Lee Iacocca would ask, "where have all the leaders gone?"

2. Excellent Commentary
    ............................................................................

Rukeyser definitely had a way about him....and Iacocca is a fantastic individual.

Another is John Templeton....Bill Seidman....Paul Volker......

However it just goes to show how society has changed to some degree....

The US is more of a "its all about me " society....
    ................................................................................

But is still light years ahead of most other societies in the developing world....
    ................................................................................

I really do not see this type of leadership in McCain....You might as well call him McBush.....

I do hope Obama can somehow come to the fore....

..................................................................................

But you are definitely right......

Leadership can mean everything....and is very very important......

....................................................................................

One good thing .....in the next several months the Bush Cheney fiasco will no longer be in office....unless of course McBush wins....

My my......

3. Bush is the perfect President for the "Me Generation"!

Want to spend more without the funds to pay for it? TAX YOUR KIDS (Your kids, not his). DEFICIT SPEND!!

After the 9/11 attacks - What should the country do??

GO SHOPPING!!

Economic turmoil? REBATES!! GO SHOPPING AGAIN!!!

Wheeeeeee!

Yaaa!! Me Me MEEEEEEEE......

4. ess1096

ess1096

I found him!!!

[​IMG]

5. What we have is leadership and reportage by and for MetroSexuals.

6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Louis Rukeyser? A tax cheat.

7. hughb

hughb

Louis Rukeyser built his show into one of the most successfuil financial shows ever, and then the network decided to dump him for the younger looking Fortune crowd. The show ended up getting canceled soon there after. When Louis Rukeyser had that show, it was the fastest 30 minutes on television.