"We May Take A Hit": Trump Warns Investors To Prepare For "Pain" In The Market

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Error Correction Funder, Apr 6, 2018.

1. That's nice. Glad I am a futures trader without a strong long bias and not an old man stock trader like many of his supporters. :) sucks for the rest though.

Money on their statement now makes Americans a lot happier than pain. This will be fun watching the demonisation of scapegoats rise to new levels.

But zero hedge so who knows.

2. manonfire

manonfire

SimpleMeLike and Slartibartfast like this.
  3. piezoe

piezoe

"But zero hedge so who knows."
    Wise words of warning!

It's Bizarre to realize that Trump is the last person on Earth that anyone with any sense would take investment or business advice from; yet now people with no sense, and without rhyme or reason will react to his uniformed pronouncements.. These are interesting times. Looking at the monthly SPX there is no way to distinguish any possible affect Trump may have had on the market from what is classical, technical action at a market top. If Trump had any influence at all it might have been to influence timing, i.e., a correction now, versus one later in the year. We have had two bounces off resistance on the monthly chart: 2533 (Feb) ; 2554 (Apr) . With each attempt to pierce resistance the probability of doing so increases. I have next significant resistance at 2346-2465 depending on time of arrival (2500 and 2400 are a natural stutter-step points of course.) 2300 is not out of the question before year's end, especially if the donald was, by some odd coincidence, to follow through on anything he said he would do. .. 2019 should be good year for the market, if November goes the way many anticipate.

We don't like our markets to go down leading into a national election, so I anticipate the Donald will do his best to see that they rise "appropriately." As icing on the cake so to speak, perhaps he will announce prior to the election that because he now has a nice Government Pension, he no longer needs his many, many billions. And so as a "bigly" gesture, he has decided to personally pay for the Wall and divide what's left among all white Americans. In concert with his other "brilliant" pronouncements, however, I doubt this would cause much of a market reaction.

On the other hand, should the Donald become the unfortunate, random victim of an exotic nerve gas attack, we could then expect a market reaction other than purely technical.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  4. truetype

truetype

He's a billionaire. Are you?

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. piezoe

piezoe

The Donald and I have something in common: neither of us are billionaires net of bankruptcies. Some important differences between us are that he's gone bankrupt six times, whereas I've never gone bankrupt! He has no credit with U.S. Banks, whereas my credit is excellent, and he is orange and I am not. :D

What about you? Are you orange like an orangutan.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  6. truetype

truetype

So, you wouldn't trade your net worth for his?

7. gkishot

gkishot

I doubt we are going to test this year's lows.

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. For some reason, my shower never feels quite hot enough to get clean after reading Zero Hedge.

Now begins the psychological game. Does Trump know what's going on and is lying about it (meaning, get bullish), or does he genuinely believe it the same way he genuinely believes _______? (also get bullish)....or is he one step ahead expecting us to react bullishly to his bearishness to punish, for example, GS, AMZN, GOOG....etc. while the market actually does go down?

That's a pretty bold statement given that Trump has said as much himself. That's plenty to make me suspicious with a strong inclination toward him not being a billionaire.

#10     Apr 6, 2018