“We Have a Problem With Political Diversity"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WeToddDid2, Aug 29, 2018.

1. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Well, I guess FB and libtards can stop the delusion that they are not bias.

What a great way to state it. Do libtards hate diversity?

Emphasis mine below.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/28/technology/inside-facebook-employees-political-bias.html

SAN FRANCISCO — The post went up quietly on Facebook’s internal message board last week. Titled “We Have a Problem With Political Diversity,” it quickly took off inside the social network.

We are a political monoculture that’s intolerant of different views,” Brian Amerige, a senior Facebook engineer, wrote in the post, which was obtained by The New York Times. “We claim to welcome all perspectives, but are quick to attack — often in mobs — anyone who presents a view that appears to be in opposition to left-leaning ideology.

2. RRY16

RRY16

exGOPer likes this.
  3. Secret recording catches Trump instructing pastors to campaign for Republicans from the pulpit

[​IMG]

In a secret recording taken after media left the White House’s “state dinner” for evangelicals on Monday night, President Donald Trump urged pastors to campaign for Republicans from the pulpit.

The recording by The New York Times depicts the president warning the group of about 100 evangelical Christian leaders that if their congregations don’t vote for GOP candidates in the November midterms, they’ll be “one election away from losing everything you’ve got.”

“I just ask you to go out and make sure all of your people vote,” Trump said at the dinner. “Because if they don’t — it’s Nov. 6 — if they don’t vote we’re going to have a miserable two years and we’re going to have, frankly, a very hard period of time because then it just gets to be one election — you’re one election away from losing everything you’ve got.”

The Times noted that the president spent much of the time bragging about “getting rid of” the Johnson Amendment, a 1954 tax law barring religious organizations and other 501(c)3 tax-exempt groups from endorsing or opposing political candidates.

Though Trump signed an executive order in May 2017 meant to ease the restrictions of the Johnson Amendment and allow religious leaders to “speak their minds,” PolitiFact reported that his claim that he got rid of it is “mostly false.”

According to the report, the president used a stock market analogy to laud his supposed achievement.

“Maybe it’s why you are very plateaued. I hate to say it, if you were a stock, you’d be like, you’re very plateaued,” the president said, reportedly prompting laughter from his evangelical audience. “I really believe you’re plateaued because you can’t speak. They really have silenced you. But now you’re not silenced anymore.”

Trump reportedly went on to say that he knew religious leaders “like” him.

4. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Whatabout!

That is great news. Thanks for posting!