We don't know 1/1000th of 1 percent about anything (especially God)

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by birdman, May 27, 2018.

1. birdman

birdman

Thomas Edison is quoted as having said we don't know 1/1000th of 1% about anything. I suppose that is doubly true when it comes to the Almighty. But for those who believe in God or those who wish they believed, you can read what i consider the basics here http://www.hopeithelps.com/ It's only a single page and will take you less than 10 minutes to read. I don't know all the answers. I don't many answers at all. I'm not a fast learner. It took me 61 years to learn this little dab. I hope it helps!

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  2. stu

stu

No offense intended but 61 years to not know 1/1000th of 1% about something "(especially God)" and not have many answers about it, is no reason to believe in it.

Shouldn't you be more discerning with your beliefs rather than placing them in a not known about "Almighty"?

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  3. birdman

birdman

No offense taken. I think a much wiser man than me could spend a lifetime in pursuit of such knowledge and feel like he had not even scratched the surface. Peace!

murray t turtle, jem and CSEtrader like this.
  4. stu

stu

Well, it's called belief because it's not knowledge.:)

Frederick Foresight and tomorton like this.
  5. stu

stu

for belief in God?...
    Much wiser folks than me say one pays from the loss of rationality and integrity.

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  6. for the list being offered.

7. schweiz

schweiz

The title of this thread makes no sense.

To know that we even don't know 1/1000th of 1 percent about anything, you need at least 1 person who knows everything. Because only he can calculate if the statement is true.
    How can you know that we even don't know 1/1000th of 1 percent about anything if you have no idea about the size of that total knowledge. This is mathematically impossible.

tommcginnis likes this.
  8. %%
    Good post/great post......:cool: Proverbs is real practical also.

CSEtrader and birdman like this.
  9. Because 94.376% of such estimates are just guesses.

#10     Jun 22, 2018