Watch out for the summer flood in China,it can be bad

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by lx008, Jul 1, 2020.

1. lx008

lx008

CannonTrading_Ilan likes this.
  2. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

My guess is that corn could benefit from it as it is the most "oppressed one" so far due to COVID from the grain complex....

some weekly levels to watch for:

upload_2020-7-1_6-41-34.png

3. JSOP

JSOP

Is China a major corn producer? I thought Mexico and USA are? I stand to be corrected.

4. CannonTrading_Ilan

@JSOP you are correct. I just feel that corn has the most potential out of the grain complex. China big buyer/consumer of corn NOT a big producer.

Just for fun, might be good to look at a rice chart....wow!!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  5. CannonTrading_Ilan

upload_2020-7-1_7-17-56.png

6. JSOP

JSOP

I don't even think China is a major rice producer. I think Thailand is the biggest rice producer now. Again I stand to be corrected.

AKUMATOTENSHI likes this.
  7. CannonTrading_Ilan

The last I have on that is:

China is the world's largest producer of rice, and the crop makes up a little less than half of the country's total grain output. China accounts for 30% of all world rice production. In a given year total rice output came from four different crops.

8. JSOP

JSOP

OMG!! Rice produced from such a polluted country. Ack!! All right fine, flooding might affect something in China but it will depend on where the rice is produced though. I think rice is only produced in certain regions in China.

9. JSOP

JSOP

And besides I think corn is more heavily traded around the world than rice because corn is used everywhere.

10. xandman

xandman

Thailand is the top producer of Jasmine, I believe. The big rice eating cultures are very particular. I may be Capt. Obvious here. But, this is key when feeding a rice-eating guest.

dry and fluffy - Indian, Middle eastern
    Super moist and sticky - Japanese, Korean
    Middle of the road moisture and stickiness - Thailand, most of Indo-China

I can't say one culture has admiration for the other one's taste but there is little competition. I've shared meals with day laborers and their rice is always on point. They might as well be different foods.

I don't quite get the nuances of corn, however. And, It is mostly processed into something else.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    #10     Jul 1, 2020
    Ayn Rand and CannonTrading_Ilan like this.