Washington Times says it's racist for white women to not "date" black men

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, May 27, 2011.

1. Some friends of mine had been talking up this guy they thought would be perfect for me, so I finally went on a blind date with him. It turns out he’s black, and while I am NOT racist and have no problem with interracial dating in general, it’s not for me. I just prefer to date white guys.
    I told my friends why I wouldn’t be seeing him again, and they were, shockingly, horrified. Did I miss something here? I know interracial dating is more prevalent now than it used to be, but I didn’t realize it was SO common that you get in trouble if you don’t want to do it. I figured if I’m the one who needs a kick in the pants, you’re the perfect person to give it to me. But I’m hoping you’ll tell me I’m right, that no one should have to date anyone they don’t want to.
    Sacramento
    Carolyn Hax replies:
    You’re right — no one should have to date anyone s/he doesn’t want to.
    And your friends are right, too — they shouldn’t have to pretend they’re not horrified by something they find morally repugnant.
    And you’re right, interracial dating is more prevalent now, but its prevalence here is the cart; the issue here is the horse.
    More people date interracially because more people realize that the only alternative to being racist is to judge each person as a person.
    Your decision not to date this man wasn’t about his character or lack thereof, it wasn’t about his sex appeal or lack thereof, it wasn’t about his intellect or lack thereof, it wasn’t about his sense of humor or lack thereof, it wasn’t about his work ethic or lack thereof, it wasn’t about shared history or lack thereof, it wasn’t about his goals or lack thereof, it wasn’t about his compatibility or lack thereof.
    To your credit, you’re owning your opinion; all you had to say was that you didn’t find him attractive, and this conversation doesn’t happen.
    However: We’re having this conversation because you didn’t find his race attractive. That’s what racism is.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/27/AR2009082704443.html

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

You are most definitely a racist.

3. The Washington Times did not say that.( Its The Washington Post btw)

4. Wallet

Wallet

If the guy would have been Asian, would it still be racist? If she just prefers white guys is it racist? If the guy would have been any other color would they have still ran the question? Maybe the paper's racist?

5. Eight

Eight

Black people are racists. That is why they vote Democrat. Democrats are going to make Whitey pay... no really...

6. You must be a cuckold.

Do you enjoy it when you watch your wife & daughter with black men?

Remember - it's racist if you or they "didn’t find his race attractive."

Works both ways in case you don't get it

7. We’re having this conversation because you didn’t find his race attractive. That’s what racism is.

--------------------------------------

Maybe she is suffering from an inferiority complex. You know, deep down, she isn't worthy, unable to compete with a black woman, hence she says she doesn't find them attractive is just an excuse not to deal with her self esteem problems. No tits no ass, just sayin.

8. Sounds like that CUNT, Janeane Garofalo with her, "anybody who doesn't like Odumbo is a racist."

Or that Clyburn asshole with his, "Odumbo's difficulties with getting things done is because of his race". BULLSHIT! Odumbo's problem ("we the people's problem, actually) is that he's a Statist/Marxist/Communist who wants to turn America into dictator-run (or less obviously so that perhaps the people don't revolt... his own oligarchy) country.

9. pspr

pspr

We all discriminate every day. We are "discriminating" individuals. It is a good thing. Now get over it.

10. Eight

Eight

I totally solved the US Racial problem... I moved the f%^k away from all the races that hate me...

#10     May 28, 2011