Wall Street banker scolds employees. "Only 11 of you are at your desks!" At 12:30am.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wilburbear, Apr 18, 2018.

1. The guy in the memo says you shouldn't even leave the office if you are "truly jammed".

You should sell your soul because you might make 150k a year in the big city!!! (It costs nearly all your after-tax income to live in NYC).

And you might get to meet, and then worship, a business superstar! Wow!

https://www.ft.com/content/7abd10e8-4162-11e8-93cf-67ac3a6482fd

kj5159 likes this.
  2. qxr1011

qxr1011

150k in NYC - peanuts

and people selling their soul for much less...

wall street pays much more than 150k,... much more... but for that kind of money they own you

those who do not want to be owned become independent traders :)

trader99 likes this.
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

... and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

4. Peter Luger steakhouse in Brooklyn...the Best, :p -- just a bridge ride across Manhattan/Wall St.
    It's rated like #1 for 15 years straight, running. by Zagat.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  5. qxr1011

qxr1011

true

but one has to chose what to eat - his pride , or his peanuts :)

6. SunTrader

SunTrader

Name drop much.

Anyway been there, done that .... long before Zagat rated it #1.

And Prime 112 down here. And ...

7. ElCubano

ElCubano

I remember my first ever scolding by a superior. I took my clip tie off and threw at him from across the driveway of the inter continental hotel in Miami. I was valet parking. The other guys cheered me on as they were kicking me off the property. The prick was a douche.

8. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

I heard wonders about this place... It is said they don't even accept payments if not in cash... Usually I don't care about these ratings... I went to the "Old Homestead Steakhouse" to eat their Kobe Beef burger because of one of these... And it was really good, but not as good as I imagined it...

But if a place really can afford to only accept cash payments and still is always booked for weeks, they probably must have something worthwhile... On my next trip to NYC, I'll try their famous porterhouse steak...:cool:

9. How much do they pay? My soul is available

VPhantom and comagnum like this.
  10. I'm personally not a fan of businesses that only accept cash. -- The first thing that comes to mind...under-reporting income taxes, business receipts. No paper trail. Shady.
    Just like hot dog vendors and donut shops that are cash-only...I'm willing to bet more than 90% of them don't report all of their sales to the IRS.

Great things usually don't match up to the hype, that much I also agree with you.
    The best things in life, for you,...are usually spontaneous discoveries...that you would have otherwised missed or discounted because of some fancy label marketing and rating assumptions.

#10     Apr 18, 2018