Wait wait ..didn't they have a partial trade deal friday? Now possible tariff hikes in December...wh

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Oct 14, 2019.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Gotta love this. Friday everything is fine and dandy now come monday and hes talking tariff hikes in December. Looks like things have gone absolutely no where with these trade talks. Zero progress.

POLITICS
    Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says he expects tariffs to go up in December if there is no China deal in place
    PUBLISHED 10 MIN AGOUPDATED MOMENTS AGO

2. maxinger

maxinger

Nothing unusual actually.

Nothing is concrete unless it is written on stone tablet.
    But stone tablet can be broken.

Overnight likes this.
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Don't worry creating new wars to distract you, Iran and Turkey ( or Syria not sure ).

tommcginnis likes this.
  4. ET180

ET180

China just buying time. It's called the Chinese slow walk. They got some tariff relief in exchange for some ag products that they need anyway.

athlonmank8, smallfil and Snuskpelle like this.
  5. Russia and China. You really can't trust either of them.

6. Overnight

Overnight

The December hikes were announced at the same time as the Oct Hikes. But they simply are delaying(cancelling)? the Oct hikes, but Dec hikes are still on tap.

Confused yet? Roffle

7. My understanding is that they're using the Dec. to now hold China to the first set of trade talks. Unless i'm confused.

8. Overnight

Overnight

No, October and December were announced at the same time. Was that the August tariff announcement? Gosh, losing track.

9. haha who knows. It's tough to remember what's what now. I'm really curious to see if China is going to backtrack on everything from Friday. The writing is certainly on the wall.

10. Overnight

Overnight