Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Low Female Sex Drive

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Has your wife or girlfriend's sex drive fallen off a cliff? If so, she may just need some Vitamin D3.

Study
    Researchers at Sisli Etfal Hospital in Turkey got 108 women aged between 22 and 51 to fill in the Female Sexual Function Index questionnaire. Sexologists use this questionnaire to determine the quality of women's sexual functioning.

Women who score higher than 26.55 are usually functioning well. Women who score lower than this have reduced sexual functioning.

The researchers also measured the concentration of vitamin D3 in the women's blood.

Results
    The women who scored high on the Female Sexual Function Index questionnaire, and therefore had no sexual problems, had higher levels of vitamin D in their blood than the women with lower scores.

[​IMG]

The Female Sexual Function Index questionnaire contains questions on "desire, arousal, lubrication, orgasm, satisfaction and genital pain" that women have experienced during lovemaking in the past four years. The women with a high level of vitamin D scored better for all factors than the women with a low level of vitamin D.

The researchers also measured the concentrations of hormones including estradiol, testosterone, LH, FSH, DHEA, thyroxin and TSH in the women's blood. Here there was no difference in hormone levels between the women with a high score and those with a low score on the Female Sexual Function Index. So it's unlikely that vitamin D influences sexual functioning via the hormonal status. How vitamin D does work the researchers were unable to determine.

Conclusion
    "This study demonstrated that deficiency of vitamin D3 levels is lower in women with sexual dysfunction as noted on the Female Sexual Function Index questionnaire", the researchers wrote.

"However, further studies with larger sample size are necessary to understand the pathophysiology of vitamin D3 deficiency-induced female sexual dysfunction."

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  2. Might be a good thing. We have enough women taking naked selfies to last 10 lifetimes.

4. d08

d08

Where's the "dislike" button here, I can't find it.

5. Have no fear, nothing I say will limit their exhibitionism.

6. Max E.

Max E.

:D

7. I didn't know et was littered with feminists.

8. Turveyd

Turveyd

I'm male but been taking D3 to stop the normal winter blues, might explain why I've been pulling it off and chasing skirt like a bar tender from Cheers.

So grind up D3 tablets and add to all woman I fancy drinks then.

9. prc117f

prc117f

Naked selfies and actual intercourse are two different things. All the Naked selfies are because Millennial women have tons of self esteem issues so in order to prop that fragile self esteem they will post these selfies so they can get accolades and feel better about themselves.

10. I've seen some of these. Many would not be getting accolades.

#10     Mar 26, 2017