Visa IPO

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aradiel, Jun 26, 2009.

1. aradiel

aradiel

So, last Thursday down here In Brazil VISAnet (affiliate of Visa Inc.) raised 8.4 billion reals ($4.34 billion) from the sale of 559.8 million shares priced at 15 reals each, the top of an estimated price range of 12 reals to 15 reals. This was the biggest IPO ever in the Brazilian market and is the largest one worldwide so far this year.

Next Monday will be the first negotiation day of VISAnet (as VNET3) and I am willing to make the intraday play. i know that V in its first day went from $ 44 from $ 56,50 at the close and I am assuming there will be a lot of volality for VNET3 as well.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have the price data of V in its first NYSE day? I would like to analyse this piece of info but my quotes software doenst have a good history of american stocks. High, low, opening and close prices for each 5 min bar of the day would be perfect. If someone can help me please let me know, it would be much appreciated.

2. try freestockcharts.com I THINK that will work...been a while since i checked though

3. topherea

topherea

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/advchart/frames/frames.asp?symb=v&time=20&freq=2

under "time" on the left, drop down the menu and select custom and then fiddle with the dates, timeframe and periods. this may help you.

4. NoDoji

NoDoji

I traded V on the open of its IPO. Retail traders trading that day did not get the 44.00 price.

It opened @ 59.50, hit a high of 69.00 and a low of 55.00. I had only started trading 3 weeks prior to this and had done 3 very short term swing trades. I knew nothing about trading. I placed a market order at the open for 2000 shares. It took almost an hour to get filled @ 59.50 and I ended the day with a $6000 unrealized loss. Sold the next day @ 63.05 for a $7000+ gain. Silly me, it hit almost 90.00 in less than 2 months, with the market in general having a nice little bull run from March 17th lows through end of May.

5. aradiel

aradiel

Thanks, but the OCHL data in numbers in a excel sheet would be more usefull to me. If someone has it I can PM my email adress.

6. aradiel

aradiel

Interesting, must have been crazy!

7. aradiel

aradiel

NoDoji

So, the fade the gap at the open play would have worked, right?

8. NoDoji

NoDoji

I had no idea what to expect when the order didn't fill right away. That was my first and only experience of absolute fear while trading.

If you could've faded that high, it would've been great, but how would you even know where to fade?