Virnetx, (VHC)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hughb, Jul 2, 2012.

1. hughb

hughb

This one appeared in a scan that I run for a pattern of subtley increasing volume on 05/08/2012. I bought on 06/13/2012 at 34.36, even though I don't typically like internet-related stocks because of their wild and unpredictable gyrations. In fact, my broker made me put up more margin on this particular stock due to it's volatility. It's really up strong today, or at least I think it is, it sure gave a boost to my account total value. For this stock maybe it's just another day. I'd be interested to hear from any of you stock jockeys who play these internet stocks what you think of it's moves, typical or atypical.

2. hughb

hughb

Up strong today on heavier than usual volume. There is a news story about signing a patent agreement, but that doesn't typically affect a stock this much.

Aren't there a bunch of ET'ers around here that are tech stock junkies?

3. hughb

hughb

Stopped out @ 36.51. This thing was down hard this morning.

4. Donkell

Donkell

This one appeared in a scan that I run for a pattern of subtley increasing volume on 05/08/2012. I bought on 06/13/2012 at 34.36,

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I was impressed by how you found the stock, but I don't understand

what your target price might of been. You held it so long that you effectively lost almost $6.00 before being stopped out.

Please let us know what your target was?

Don

5. hughb

hughb

No price target, I intended to hold it as long as it continued rising.

6. hughb

hughb

This thing has really been trashed lately, it looks like my stop saved me. It looks like it's getting jacked around by lawsuit rumors, apparently a columnist at Seeking Alpha wrote a bearish piece on it last week.