VDE

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Buy1Sell2, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Long 101.64. Will get out with loss if we cross 95.50

2. eganon69

eganon69

Good luck with trade but it looks like a rather thinly traded ETF at only about 250k shares a day. Can be hard to get a strong move up or down with that level of volume. Plus harder to exit a trade if not enough people to off load your shares on. Lastly, chart looks like it wants to test the 200 MA at around $97.37 before bouncing. I hope your trade works out for you but may want to consider XLE next time. I have no skin in this game so just offering my $0.02.

3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Not a great trade yet---Price currently 99.71.

4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Thank you.

eganon69 likes this.
  5. eganon69

eganon69

No problem. Check the XLE chart its nearly identical to VDE and millions of shares traded a day. Will be easier to liquidate your position should your trade not work out.

In general I stick with the SPDR ETFs rather than Vanguard for this reason alone. They all start with X (XLE, XLI, XLF, etc)

ET180 likes this.
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

So far having to be patient here. Price is currently 98.72. We do look ready to gain strength the rest of today and perhaps tomorrow. Staying with it for now.

7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Getting a bit of a bounce here. Continuing with trade.

8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Getting some nice movement here. Pricing currently 100.52

9. ET180

ET180

I'd say hold onto it through May. Based on recent past experience, that's when oil tends to be the highest. Although I am a bit concerned about shale production and how fast US shale is coming back on line. I also agree that XLE seems like a better product. More liquid, more options.

10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I've seen some technical signs to hold on to this for now.

#10     Mar 5, 2017