Vanguard

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by mac, Jan 16, 2022.

1. mac

mac

Does anyone use vanguard? Been with them for quite a while. Have my IRA there.
    Does not seem to be that user friendly for frequent trading. I like to sell covered calls on my stock holdings or maybe play with some options. Seems like there are too many steps to go through just to place a trade on anything but a fund or etf. I realize its not a go to trading platform but geez, it seems archaic!

2. DaveV

DaveV

I also have my IRA at Vanguard. They are definitely not for frequent traders, but for IRAs I am satisfied with their platform. Superb customer service.

TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  3. I have Schwab, Fidelity and Vanguard for the family trust and you Vanguard's trading interface is the least user friendly. But it is a great company. Their advisors use market timing with vanguard funds. Plus you are an owner :)

4. bookish

bookish

They flat out stole a large account from me.

5. DaveV

DaveV

Details please

6. bookish

bookish

Just like I said. If you have an account that is large relative to the assets of the financial institution and they think you are going to transfer it out they will likely try to kill you and flat out refuse to acknowledge you ever had an account with them while bribing the authorities. They are not the only one to do that. I've been in contact with the appropriate people. Justice is comming for them. Do you remember when that guy at wells fargo lost his finger? That wasn't all. People are still working on them.

7. I'm in the UK and have my Stocks and Shares ISA with them. Easy and cheap to invest in funds with. Keeps it simple so I can focus my efforts elsewhere.

8. mac

mac

Thanks for the input everyone!

9. ph1l

ph1l

upload_2022-1-17_9-57-3.png
    Wow! I think that makes you ET's first (former?) trillionaire.:D

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  10. bookish

bookish

That is correct. Not counting kings.

#10     Jan 17, 2022