Using the option market to screen for stocks ready to run

Discussion in 'Options' started by Crunchyknees60, Feb 11, 2021.

1. HI All

Newbie question here. If i was interested in playing stocks under 20 dollars with increasing bullish interest. Is there scanner or other software that would allow me to do this? I have a account open now with ameritrade.

The reason why i was asking, i came across a thread where a guy mentioned 2 weeks ago about increasing bullish option activity on a company called Sundial. Sure enough this week the company went from a dollar to over three and a half today.

Thanks

Crunch

ironchef likes this.
  2. narafa

narafa

3. taowave

taowave

Market Chameleon

4. ironchef

ironchef

Great that you are looking at things different than I. My question is if you can guess the direction of the underlying looking at options you might as well trade options instead of the underlying to get better leverage?

I normally look at the underlying behavior (fundamentals + charts) to decide on what/which options to trade.

.sigma likes this.
  5. Hi All

Thanks for all the replies. I didnt make it clear in my original post. Im interested in ways i could use options to get a jump on stock prices. Can my original thread be edited? I looked all over and find an edit button.

6. Mercor

Mercor

It helps if you know stuff before anyone else

7. taowave

taowave

Define Bullish activity..Do you look at the call sizzle index on TOS/TD Ameritrade?

Im guessing you are pretty new to this..Check out Market Chameleon...

.sigma likes this.
  8. Has someone experience with Sweepcast? A scanner for Unusual Options Activity.
    Right now i like barchart most. It´s for free and very clear.

9. Cabin111

Cabin111

I will buy stocks and then do covered calls on them. Some I will do just out of the money with a leap. With Boeing (BA)...The issues with their computers (two crashes) and the pandemic. I bought 100 shares at $179.?? I then did a leap for the Jan 22 at $180. I think I got $21.?? ($2,100.) something for about a 16 month leap. It came back and my option will be called away, but I just grabbed the leap money. I've done the same thing with Alibaba (BABA) and Avis/Budget (CAR). The call money was too good to turn down on quality companies. I've also done it with Apple 3 or 4 times over the years.

If I see an industry leader who is down, but not losing market share, I will do the above moves. If they drop and I still own the stock...I have a quality stock to do the same thing another time.

.sigma and qlai like this.
  10. taowave

taowave

#10     Apr 6, 2021