US buildup in Persian Gulf

Discussion in 'Economics' started by romik, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Actually you and I are not far apart in knowing what pattern we are currently in with China. 99.8% of people have not caught on yet to what is going on here. If I were a common every day Aussie I would be petitioning my countrymen daily to start immediately forming a real honest to goodness standing army with a real defensive capability. Why? China, in need of vast natural resources has no choice but to head straight to Aussie land to take the place over and with no significant defense forces its easy pickings. Oh, they might go slow at first and just buy up some prime real estate and establish a foothold then slowly bend the culture. Then they will start lobbying for special laws and tax concessions etc. Eventually it will come to push and shove - then the trap will be laid when the US becomes preoccupied with sabre rattling over Taiwan and unable to help.

China is swinging deals all over the planet and cutting off US interests. They are now in Canada, off Cuba, in S. America and in Iran and expanding elsewhere. No one seems alarmed that they are rapidly militarizing a potent offensive capability and have a new tremendously capable submarine fleet. They just shot a satellite out of the sky? Why? The intimidation is just starting to ratchet up and she wants the world to know how lethal she is and what few options we have. She has signaled that she wants "the planet" and the west is more than happy to give her its currency to knit the rope that China will use to hang all of us.

What is alarming is that while people's bellies are full of food and all have their flat panel TV's, mindless entertainment, low inflation (compliments of middle class goods produced by China's slave labor) and political pablum to occupy their minds no one seems to care. Unless the common man can get out from behind his TV and start to expand his world views apathy will be the death of Democracy. Each day that goes by where the "free world" elects to do nothing is essentially a vote of indifference about democracy and freedom.

WWIII is upon us and has been for quite some time. What is going on in the middle-east is just a distraction compared to what circumstances are currently conspiring against us.

TS

#51     Jan 24, 2007
  2. AHhhhhhhhhhhh so you are an Aussie then TS.
    I am very bullish on the aussie dollar at the moment for the reasons you have outlined. Eventually, China will just help herself to the minerals without really paying. They never do.But in the meantime I am pro AD.
    Here is a little story that you will enjoy.

Subject: Family Court Custody Decision

In England a seven-year-old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents, and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his Aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her.

When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the Boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning That domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge Took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the “English Cricket Team”, whom the court firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone!!!!!!.

I see the silly buggers could not even beat the Kiwis.

#52     Jan 24, 2007
  3. Apparently you did. But I didn't address The Christ's sentiments about the Jews. But I note here that all of his apostles were Jews - so I don't see any evidence of hate, as you assert, at all. BTW, Only 1 of the original 13 betrayed him and he was a Zionist - a particular political and militarily-violent variety of Jew.

As best we know today, Jesus actually only preached love of one's enemies, forgiveness and mercy. He hated no one - even those lowest of the low and scorned by all (tax collectors and prostitutes). He permitted himself to be nailed to the cross to fulfill prophecy and to submit to God's will. This was to forever bind God's love with humanity and to set in motion God's plan for humanity's repatriation with his favor and salvation.

He was turned over by the Jews for crucifixion because he presented a potent threat to the Sadducee's, Pharisees and other Jewish leader's teachings (which teachings he did hate since they were false-teaching and enslaved people with impossible to keep complex human laws that profited and empowered the Jewish religious leaders). Jesus knew precisely what he was doing by preaching in the manner he did. He essentially invited his enemies (and God's enemies) to present themselves knowing full well what they would do to him (in fact it was in scribed and predicted in scriptures many centuries prior to his time on earth). One of his many objectives was to tear down both symbolically and literally the "institution" and business of religion by liberating God's word and making it freely available beyond the confines of the "temples of stone" to all of humanity. The new temple was to be reconstructed within the hearts of humanity and the only principal and simple law was based on compassion and love of God and neighbor (fellow man). As such, he preached mercy and forgiveness and gave the most easy teaching on how to discern what was "the right thing to do".

He teaching was designed to dis-empower the religious leaders of the time who had elevated positions in society and regularly twisted the laws with complexity that only they could interpret. Jesus' complaint was that this served and enrichened themselves rather than serving God and man. Thus by contrasting behavior and teaching he exposed a large body of Jewish religious leaders as evil hypocrites. Because they were unjust and given to evil is why they turned him over. They played right into his hand and he thus forced them in the end to serve God's plan rather than their own.

The rest of course is history and with much more yet to unfold. You ought to look into it more.

TS

#53     Jan 24, 2007
  4. romik

romik

What happened to John Coffey in the most brilliant Green Mile is an undoubtful destiny that awaits any Messiah, our overall inability to appreciate greatness by not recognising the good things it MIGHT represent when we have it & sing songs of praise once it is gone is pretty original part of human mentality. Now this thread's "destiny" is totally screwed :)

#54     Jan 24, 2007
  5. On the surface and within the romper room of childish naievity it all sounds as good points.

But I think you are missing key factors and none of these can be wholly described as "Western Wars". In fact you missed the huge hint in the not so subtle titles the conflicts have been given - e.g. World War.

So let's correct a few error up front then move on to other things.

WWI Refuted:
    Apart from the other tensions at the time (e.g. none the least was the natural deconstruction of the over extended Ottoman Empire and all of its social & economic fallout) the actual event that started WWI was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand (heir to the Austro-Hungarian) and his wife Sophie.

Recall not who succeeded in the actual assassination (one wimpy Gavrilo Princip a Serb) but rather "what" group was associated with it. That group was "The Young Bosnia" organization which had links to the notorious Black Hand organization (members from Serbian & Ottoman Empire states). As a complaint here I also casually mention the injustice that Pricip was only sentenced to 20 years prison for setting in motion the events that killed millions. Do you consider Bosnia and Serbia "The West" by current conventions?

Pricip was only one of 7 co-conspirators who lined the Archduke's parade route to attempt to murder him. But recall that Pricip was not in the honored first position and only succeeded later by pure chance. No, the person standing first in line in the honored position along the parade route (in an apartment above it) to get the first opportunity at the assassination was a Bosnian Muslim named Mehmed Mehmedbašiæ. :D

Mehmed lost his nerve as the Archduke's car passed due to the presence of nearby security forces and opted to let one of the other 6 down-line assassins attempt it. The number 2 man Nedeljko Èabrinoviæ (an anarchists from Sarajevo ) botched it as the Archduke's driver saw him toss a bomb and accelerated past it. The bomb detonated and wounded other members of his party following in cars behind him. The Archduke later instructed his chauffeur to take him to visit the wounded members of his party. The chauffeur made a wrong turn right near where Pricip was standing in a state of dejection for his group failing its mission. He then calmly walked up and murdered Sofia and the Archduke at point blank range. The resulting outrage in Europe and aftermath is history.

Therefore because of the nationalities of forces behind the circumstances precipitating the war and the decaying empires and state of the world at the time I conclude that WWI was not a western war. Rather it was a transitional war caused by the decline of the Muslim Ottoman Empire and the West's rise to power. It was directly attributable to conflicts and the tensions arising from various collapsing empires . Thus it was not "The West" against "The West" as you purport.

WWII Refuted:
    I'll be more brief here and take the easy way out. Contrary to what you assert, it was not "The West" at war with itself in WWII either. It was the Axis Powers (predominantly Japanese/Asia, and the Fascist nations of Nazi Germany and Mussolini's Italy). The Japanese/Asian component is rather interesting because its participation completely and utterly trashes your nonsensical assertion that this was a Western War.

Now that this is all tidied up lets get onto more important and interesting matters.

The "interesting" thing about current middle east circumstances is in noting the parallels between Nazi Germany and Iran. Many people are clueless that Persia was renamed "Iran" as a tribute to the fascist ideals of the Nazi Germans. During WWII they were in fact close friends and essentially a puppet state to the Nazis (as was Iraq by the way). I have been told without confirming it for myself that the name "Iran" in fact translates as "Arian" in the Farsi language. Interesting no? What attempts to resurrect itself out of Iran to stir the world to massive conflict is essentially the bastard child of Hitler himself (Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ). And this bastard completely embraces the very same contempt and hatred that Hitler had for non-Arians and in particular Jews. Study the man and the ideals closely and see for yourself.

The world is about to go to war again to combat fascism. Hopefully this time it will be the end of it.

BTW I wanted to ask tongue and cheek why are you attempting to demonize me here? Apart from making you want to puke can't you find some common ground from which to appeal to reason? Eh? :D

As for me, rather than puke you make me want to pray that naive people can abandon their blind hypocrisy and infantile naivety and idealism. Try to get some common sense and listen to reason ( :D ) while there is still time.

Of course war should be avoided when possible and when people can be reasoned with. But the West at large have tried that over and over again with Iran and met with scorn and contempt. The madman over there has called for the annihilation of another sovereign country that is friendly to the West. Would you have us rather ignore that and hope that he won't make good on his promise?

There are times when unproductive talking only worsens the situation by serving to delay the inevitable to the point that it grows more lethal in time. In such times appealing to reason where none exists becomes a weapon against us. Why play along to that end and give a declared enemy a weapon to use against us?

Pacifism and capitulation has never proven to work in all of history. Can you show me one clear single example of a pacifist country that still has sovereign national boundaries still in existence today?

Note: Don't say "Switzerland" since the myth of its "neutrality" is only a recent happening that's not really been put to the test since WWII. Besides geopolitically it's land locked and protected by the blood and guarantees of other nations and is pragmatically more a "city-state" than a nation (relative to the majority of nations). Besides a doctrine of neutrality is not the same as being a pacifist and anyone can make that declaration for all its worth. In fact, the Swiss are not pacifists and have fought nobly in many wars and contributed effective forces in various European conflicts. They have earned the status they currently enjoy (e.g. Battle of Morgarten, participation of Swiss mercenaries, Swabian War, Battle of Marignano, battles of Villmergen, Swiss peasant war of 1653 etc. etc.). But pacifism is a myth with no surviving examples.

TS

P.S. Some need to hear a beating drum to remind them since the clock ticks down toward confrontation.

#55     Jan 24, 2007

6. You talk out of your ass everytime you post something. By now it's pretty obvious you know jack shit about anything in particular. What you're regurgitating is from the PNAC fear mongering bull shit, and by now everyone with a sound mind should have figured out that PNAC's interests are dead set against the interests and well being of the West.

#56     Jan 24, 2007
  7. And every-time you emit such paranoid and conspiratorial conjecture using these cloddish expressives I take satisfaction. Yes, its rather gratifying knowing that I have done my small part to keep such as you off the streets and the country safe from the rantings of a seasoned graffiti master; at least for a short period of time.

Do you realize you come across here as just another illiterate low-brow drone who was excreted from the cesspools of one of those liberal least-common-denominator "no child left behind" schools? Can you contribute anything intelligent or are insults and vulgarity the only things you know?

If you really care to know I have zero affiliation to PNAC and all my thoughts and opinions are purely my own. I can't however discount the possibility that some PNAC members may have picked up on a few original concepts of mine since I widely publish on other forums.

Speaking of PNAC, if you possessed even 1% of the educational and intellectual capacity and pedigree of your average PNAC member you would know that they are light-years beyond any demonstrated level of intellectual comprehension you have presented thus far in this forum. Quite simply you are outclassed by your own vulgarity but I suspect in that you seek to find your own level. Flush twice.

At least you are entertaining.

Cheers,
    TS

#57     Jan 24, 2007

8. And the incessant imbecilic regurgitating of PNAC drivel continues. Your attempt at excessively verbose high brow language to compensate for your lack of original thinking doesn't fool anyone. It's obvious you'll remain as stupid as ever.

Many PNAC members have been caught red handed turning over national secrets to a foreign government. PNAC members should all be hunted down and shot as traitors for putting the interests of a foreign nation before that of the nation that feeds them. They're all traitors like you.

#58     Jan 24, 2007
  9. bawr

bawr

A little correction regarding Iran's alleged name change and other matters.

The natives of Iran have referred to their country as "Iran" for many centuries. This can be trivially verified by looking at Persian language texts, bank notes, postage stamps, and so forth, printed long before the alleged name change in 1935.

What did happen is that, in 1935, Reza Shah asked foreigners to start referring to the country by the native Persian language name of "Iran". He enforced this request by refusing to accept mail addressed to Persia, Perse, Persien, etc. Diplomatic documents had to use the new convention and the Anglo-Persian Oil Company had to change its name to Anglo-Iranian.

Other countries have tried this silly trick before, but without success. Finland didn't become "Suomi" and Turkey failed to become "Türkiye", as far as English speakers are concerned anyway.

In WWII, Iran was officially neutral, but did enjoy good relations with Nazi Germany, while continuing to provide large amounts of oil to the United Kingdom. Iran was able to use its relations with Germany to obtain exemption from the Nuremberg laws for Iranian Jews residing in Nazi occupied Europe. This enabled Iranian diplomats stationed in occupied France to issue passports to European Jews, thereby allowing them to avoid "discomfort" and enjoy unhindered exit.

Iran's neutrality (lack of availability for the Allied cause) and potential for actually switching sides to the Axis and providing it with oil, caused the Allies to invade the country, appropriate its railroads and use them to supply the USSR.

As far as Ahmadinejad is concerned, I don't believe he is an Aryan supermacist at all. If anything, he is anti-Iranian and favours Arabs (Iran's old enemies) in their conflict with Israel, whose existence and interests do not conflict with Iranian national interests in any way. A non-religious, rational Iranian government would most likey establish cordial relations with Israel in order to keep the Arabs in check and avoid the unnecessary ire of the United States.

By the way TrendSailor is correct in that Iran means "land of Aryans", as does Ireland.

Regarding Iraq, I believe that country was under solid British control for the duration of WWII.

#59     Jan 25, 2007
  10. bawr - Thank you for injecting a little rationality as opposed to propaganda. A little Googling would have turned up this info for the original poster but in the march to war facts are an embaressment.

#60     Jan 25, 2007