US buildup in Persian Gulf

Discussion in 'Economics' started by romik, Jan 17, 2007.

#31     Jan 23, 2007
    #32     Jan 23, 2007
  3. Foolish response to a serious question TS.
    Very very foolish.

You have now condemned yourself to being an author of rhetoric rather than an architect of considered thought.

#33     Jan 23, 2007
  4. romik

romik

#34     Jan 23, 2007
  5. gnome

gnome

#35     Jan 23, 2007
  6. romik

romik

US's advantage is primarily in tactical air-ground attacks, once they get on the ground I believe Iranians will have an upper hand, just like Vietnamese had & like Afghanistanians had with the Soviets. I am not a military expert, but from what I have read Iran is a much stronger 'opponent' when compared to Iraq.

I mean there is very little we can do debating political reasoning behind a possible conflict with Iran, but I would like to see others comment on how the markets might react to this possibility, especially metal commodities & oil.

#36     Jan 23, 2007
  7. Excellent Commentary All.......

..............................................................................................

It is very interesting to see two draft dodgers...namely Bush and Cheney ...want to lead the US military in the ME jaunt...

Obviously...these ex oil employees including Rice (adviser to Chevron...one of their tankers has her name on it) have accomplished a great deal in their 8 year window...namely the highest profits ever performed by US Oil Companies...the highest profits ever in the history of any US company...
    .........................................................................................

What is too funny...is now that mission is accomplished...they want to emphasize oil alternatives in the statement to the union..

This is an outrageous insult to the American public...
    ...........................................................................................

Furthermore grain based ethanol is just another political debacle...grains are not feasible versus normalized oil prices...
    .............................................................................................

Want to stop ME conflicts...put a written mandate into law making it obligatory that the children of the current legislative elected has to serve in active duty in the front lines of any conflict...very simple...

#37     Jan 23, 2007
  8. US advantage is ONLY from the air.

Start a war with Iran and oil and commodities go up.

Lose an oil tanker and they sky rocket.

Lose an aircraft carrier and they go through the roof.

#38     Jan 23, 2007
  9. romik

romik

10. piezoe

piezoe

Libertad, i agree with your post in general. Your statement as follows:

It is very interesting to see two draft dodgers...namely Bush and Cheney ...want to lead the US military in the ME jaunt...

has caused me to re-think a position that i previously held. And that is that the draft dodgers i knew personally during the Vietnam war were, without exception, bright, highly capable, and exceptionally brave individuals with strong convictions. They would have made excellent military leaders had they been so inclined. I admired them then, and still do, for having the guts to do what they did. And that brings me to Bush, who is obviously not exceptionally bright, nor, as it turns out, highly capable, and doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary when it comes to leadership. Therefore my illusion is shattered, and i am forced to recognize that not all draft dodgers exhibit the qualities of intelligence, bravery, leadership, and honorable motives. Perhaps in Bush's case he was motivated more by selfishness and laziness.

#40     Jan 23, 2007