US buildup in Persian Gulf

Discussion in 'Economics' started by romik, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Not wishing to burst your bubble, but you might like to read up a little on WWII. You appear to have forgotten that "they" (Europe) were locked in a vicious, desperate struggle against Nazism long before the USA felt able to enter the war (i.e. until it was directly attacked).

#21     Jan 21, 2007
  2. romik

romik

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nF0J_Q8bdtw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nF0J_Q8bdtw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#22     Jan 21, 2007
  3. Pardon me. I do tend to think of England as a detached island of reality separate from continental Europe; and I think the continentals do too. :D

I also often equate the French, Germans and Italians as the majority of Europe. It's an easy generalization and not all together improper. No? After all, apart from England, these were all in league or in bed with each other and therefor on the same side. But my sensibilities just can't quite permit me to equate France's quick capitulation to the Nazi's as a shiny example of "European struggling". Of course I suppose that all those French women who slept with the enemy did so as a patriotic duty to keep the Nazi's from fighting on the front lines. Motive can be so difficult to judge in these matters.

So maybe I should have said "most" (51%) of Europe. Does that work better for you?

TS

#23     Jan 21, 2007
  4. Curious how ian, with a puny military could even make an attack on a country across an ocean? This is just propraganda to scare everyone. (recall iraq's "WMDs"?)

Israel, India, Pakistan all have nukes and are in the area. To me that is the most effective deterent.

Iran's mistake is to control the oil flow. Bush even admits in his propaganda speech (written by the best marketers and PhDs that money can buy, to outwit us) that they are protecting american interests in the area.

Do some of you still think that the west is a charity?

This is just another in the line of manufactured 'crisices' to distract us and take our money. The war is against us, our freedom , our money. Unless you believe that Red Alert/martial law was just created by FEMA as an academic exercise?

This whole thing plays on the cultural tendency of americans to be born and bred racist.
    The USA is a country affliced with racial strife, radical religious people, and riots, and only a few decades ago it was law. They simply replaced the darkskinned people at home as targets of hate , with people overseas.

I hope their culture can become less barbaric. A racist culture with WMD is a disaster (see Israel - who has ignored hundreds of UN resolutions and flaunted peace and democracy time and time again )

The USA already destroyed Iraq in 1991, left a brutal dictator in power for 10 years because it suited them. Why do we hate the iraq's way of life, so that we destroyed necisities of life, set up 'christian' snipers to wipe out anything that moved, and used DU weapons on them, stood by while their museams and universitied were looted, etc?

#24     Jan 21, 2007
  5. Money does not get "spent", it just change hands. In the case of Iraq, it's just a massive tranfer of public wealth to private sectors. Most of the $360B now are parked various private accounts.

#25     Jan 21, 2007
  6. romik

romik

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\01\22\story_22-1-2007_pg4_9

Ahmadinejad keeps going on about Iran's main issue is with Zionists, not the West, the West will be an enemy if they keep supporting Israel. Israel is not bound by the NPT, Iran is, hence Israel got nukes & Iran obviously wants one as well, I don't buy nuclear power BS, IMO they do want nuclear arsenal. I still can not understand why can't Iran abandon the NPT & not be bound by its terms. Views?

#26     Jan 21, 2007
  7. The real threat to western civilization in the middle east is wahabi Saudi Arabia. They're still funding the taliban, the radical madrassas and the sunni terrorists in Iraq. The other real threat is Pakistan. A unstable nation full of radical inbreeds .... and they for sure have fully functional nukes.

Iran is no threat to the west, it's a threat to the zionists. And the last time I checked the capital of Zion is in the middle east. The zionists have done a wonderful job brainwashing those of us in the west that Zion is a valuable asset to the west. The interests of Zion are not the interests of the west, zion must be cut lose and left to fend for itself.

All the current bull shit with Iran is to keep Iranian Oil in the caspian sea inside the ground. God forbid they should start pumping that reserve out, the rockefellers and their bootlicker politicians would lose billions. Please note Iraqi oil production has been in a linear decline since the US invasion, the eventual production target being 0 barrels / day.

Oil is priced in USD, the private federal reserve is conjuring USD out of thin air at a frightening pace, the US needs high oil prices pegged to the USD as a matter of survival. Attacking Iraq and Iran and keeping their oil infrastructure closed effectively eliminates about 50% of future global output.

#27     Jan 21, 2007
  8. You haven't traveled outside of North America if you think Americans are racist.

:D

#28     Jan 21, 2007
  9. BSM2,

The pakis are one of the biggest supporters of terrorism. I read an article in the newspaper today on how the pak intel is helping the talibans. If US is really serious about wiping out the global threat of terrorism, they should start with pak first. I am not suggesting nuking them, but to start a campaign to clean up the paki intel and the terrorist sympathizers.

#29     Jan 21, 2007
  10. Yes it does, thanks. Although the USA has indeed participated decisively in most conflicts, its denizens have a rather annoying habit of writing the other participants out of history altogether. Your comments about the French are a bit off too (not that I'm any great fan of them). Still no nation is perfect I suppose (even ancient Greece, birth place of democracy, had its flaws).

#30     Jan 22, 2007