Unregistered FX IB’s out and 20million cap FX FCM in

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by BigGun, Jan 17, 2008.

1. BigGun

BigGun

All I can say is, don’t bet your house on that statement, Time will tell!! That’s the beauty of forums you can always go back and say” I told you so”;)

#11     Feb 5, 2008
  2. BigGun

BigGun

Good indication changes are in the air, more and more retail FX firms who know they will not qualify under the new bill are taking cover to avoid the downfall of the retail brokers,

Fx Solution Sold to UK spread betting firm,,

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=69003

The big question here is, is this UK based spread betting firm solid enough to qualify as a US based on-exchange entity, only time will tell, if not thay could kiss their US client base Goodbye

#12     Feb 7, 2008
  3. SCBURKE

SCBURKE

That UK spreadbetting firm owns IFX Markets Inc. as well. City Index is part of the IPGL group out of the UK (ICAP, EBS etc.) I think they will be alright

#13     Feb 7, 2008
  4. cashflos

cashflos

What BigGun has neglected to mention to us all is...

1. Apparently ( http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111265 ) he happens to be associated with a broker that just happens to have significant involvement in other exchange traded instruments. So he may be biased

2. The excerpt he has listed when this thread was started is NOT in the bill. So while it may be in the proposal it does not appear in the bill... but i think he probably knew that.

I found this out after some time looking ver his links (none of which link to the bill) and wondering why he would start this thread alongside forexsavior 's post on the same subject. rather than participate there.

time wasted replying here 3 times now:mad:

#14     Feb 7, 2008
  5. Paliz

Paliz

Gotcha :D

#15     Feb 8, 2008
  6. BigGun

BigGun

You naysayer’s present no facts to back up your arguments, all you say is “it’s never going to happen” or the “sources providing this info is all false” but yet never providing apposing sources to back your reasoning.

people don’t listen to these nay Sayers, read and know the facts. .

Trust assured this laws coming into effect even Drew Niv's, CEO at FXCM and FXStreet is confirming forward with this now… read the facts,

http://weblog.fxstreet.com/2008/02/drew-niv-view-o.html

#16     Feb 8, 2008
  7. cashflos

cashflos

great link.. reads well. does not, however, provide any support for your original assertion 'http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=114662&goto=newpost' stating the big FCMs were out.

Guess that was just an attempt to bring some foot traffic your way. If retail traders get nervous, even if they are with the big guys (which is looks like the big guys stand to enjoy large gains in market share here rather than being shut down), this could directly benefit your company. Right?

Do us all a favor, and have a disclosure at the bottom of your future threads stating something the effect of.
    'statements herein cannot be credited for validity or truth. Meant for advertisement purposes only.

#17     Feb 9, 2008
  8. BigGun

BigGun

First of I never stated “big FCMs were out” read don’t assume!! I stated the way the new bill reads theirs a very good chance they will be seriously effected, to the point of having to merge with qualified on-exchange equity, futures broker dealers or banks or move offshore or close. Evidence, FXsol recent sellout, more futures firms and banks ( who by the way quilfy under this new bill ) now entering and so on, if you don’t see change that’s your problem but don’t come here and try to discredit those of us that do..

The only thing im advertising for, is to tame this wild, Wild West /Forex!! We need reform, better regulations and stronger firms in place . If you have a problem with me making this thread and pointing readers to facts with verifiable sources don’t read them! Theirs plenty of people who would like to know the facts.

#18     Feb 10, 2008
  9. cashflos

cashflos

"From what I understand here this bill destroys most Retail FX players at least as I know them, Looks like the banks and future firms are only ones qualified even the big FX firms like FXCM, Gain and Oranda will meet these qualifications, none are licensed or dealings in on-exchange business to my knowledge!!!! "

...so you did not mean they were out? guess i misread that one. Aside from your agenda, address the point that these excerpts did not end up in the bill, they were in the proposal. you link speeches, articles and the proposal. I am glad to hear the cap requirements are going up, this is a positive move. As for whether or not your company will be the only type of broker available once the rules are imposed, you have failed to convince. This thread is a waste of time

#19     Feb 10, 2008
  10. BigGun

BigGun

Read my first sentence!!! From what I understand here” maybe I’m misunderstanding the whole thing; but then again maybe I’m right on!! Time will tell who’s right and who’s wrong

Readers do your own research;

Google key words
    CFTC REFORM FOREX
    CFTC Reauthorization Act of 2007
    NFA CFTC Reauthorization Act of 2007

It’s all out there.

#20     Feb 12, 2008