Ultrawide monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by arbprofit2, Oct 20, 2013.

1. martygale

martygale

I've got a pair of LG displays that are the same res. I use a regular 30" as primary, since I prefer more vertical space, but they're great as side displays (mounted vertically).

If you leave it horizontal, it's about as high as a 23" monitor. I'm so used to larger displays that that just feels a little too cramped.

2. what`s the purpose?DOM,T&S?

3. I currently have that 30" for my trading platform, with two 24"s mounted above for eSignal and couple of other data services that I subscribe to. Three mounted vertically, side-by-side-by-side would be a bit easier on my neck. This is probably more screen space than most traders need, but I've been at this a long time and have a growing list of things I watch.

4. i`m just curious what those vertical panels good for?charts,news,DOM,etc?i have a need to have my charts rather taller then wide,but dont know how to do it.

5. FXforex

FXforex

This 96" super ultra wide monitor is from Samsung. Anybody know what it might be used for?

[​IMG]

6. No big difference from horizontal. Many traders like vertical for spreadsheets. I use IB, so it's good for the spreadsheet style of TWS. You just adjust the stand and turn the monitor vertical so it's not a big commitment.

I'm happy with two 24"s over a 30" for now. It's come a long ways from six 19"s.

The Ultrawide monitors look good, but 2560x1080 wasn't enough of an upgrade for me. The 30" I bought is 2560x1600.

7. Planar has a new model... PXL2790MW. 2560x1440. IPS panel and Tom's Hardware gives it high marks. Planar did something different... bonded the front "glass" to the panel to increase sharpness of image a bunch, so they say. (In other monitors, there is a small air space between the front glass and the panel itself.)

I'm considering splurging on one. $700-ish.

8. One thing I never liked about ultrawides is that with three monitors side by side you can tilt the outer ones toward you in a semicircle for better straight-on viewing. Viewing the edges of a very wide screen tends to cause color shifting even on IPS panels.

#10     Nov 27, 2013