Uh oh. G-Sachs?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Overnight, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Overnight

Overnight

2. truetype

truetype

Because you're reading too much Zerohedge and have become a GS h8r.

Macca1, ET180 and athlonmank8 like this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

No. Maybe it is because GS has been involved in so many damn manipulation scams for the past decade that cryptos is the last place this firm should be meddling with. Given their past history and all.

I do not read "Zerohedge". I don't need to, to be able to feel a Spidey-sense on them getting involved in a manipulative market, after they have been accused in the past of manipulation. Didn't they admit guilt in some of this in the past by paying fines?

4. truetype

truetype

I don't keep careful track, but they're probably the least-fined of the bulge-bracket banks. Also, bank "fines" are often just extortion payments.

5. Overnight

Overnight

Well, I dunno'. I just think the whole crypto thing is going to be tossed a whole bag of monkey wrenches now with GS going into it.

And we can all thank the Cboe and CME for it. If they had not gotten involved, the lunacy would not have reached this level so quickly.

Those two US-regulated exchanges alone gave cryptos a prima facie legitimacy before the rest of the world had a chance to digest the paradigm of virtual currency fitting into the parochial rule-set of global finance.

It is as if none of these global bankers have ever played MMORPGs. For 30 years MMOs have shown what virtual currencies can do to a closed-loop economy. Expand this shit to the world? I weep for the future.

6. ET180

ET180

I'm not really surprised. They would open a tulip bulb or dog sh*t trading desk if there was enough interest and money to be made. And I wouldn't blame them if they did. It appears that bitcoin dropped about 10% perhaps partly due to this news. Who knows, maybe Goldman loaded up on shorts right before they announced that they would try to mainstream the currencies thinking that would cause some long-term holders to sell.

7. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

They could’ve been involved all along, considering the vast amount of subsidiaries and affiliates connected to the bank. It wouldn’t be surprising whatsoever, now it only becomes official.

The balance sheet banks put out can hide many many inconsistencies, and you could look straight at it and you’d never know unless you were an insider. Banking is very different than a normal company with regards to their balance sheets.

8. S2007S

S2007S

A magical coin that was supposed to be off the grid and not involved with government or big banks and now goldman sachs is setting up a trading desk

Haaaaaaaaaa
    Haaaaaaaa

Fools game!!