U.S. military casualties in wars since 1775.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Rufawana

Rufawana

... and thats the attitude that endears americans to the world. well done

#21     Jan 2, 2007
  2. And all the I-Hate-America-People enjoy the US stock markets, the global free markets because of US free trade, taking ungreatful advantage of the freedom fought for them by the US, receiving US aid, taking the benefits of innovations that the US citizens had the freedom to have created for the world to enjoy, while spewing I-Hate-America filth.

#22     Jan 2, 2007
  3. While not very eloquent, his point is still true. If the US sat back and did nothing whenever problems erupted in the world, who would act? Russia? Not likely! Europe? Hardly- they can't even come to an agreement among their member states. Canada? Oh yeah, send forth the Mounties.

Name a country, other than the U.S. - any one country who would/could act to protect the world. Take your time on this one, I'll wait.

Sure the US acts in it's best interests - foolishly at times. Sure they've made plenty of mistakes and sometimes repeat the same mistake despite history and knowledge. But just like all policemen, they are mortal. And in mortality comes fault. Fault breeds mistakes and corruption.

But to say, or even insinuate that the world would be a better place if the US did not exist is assinine. (Un)Fortunately it cannot be proved.

Get a new song, because this one is worn out. The horse is dead. The ship has sailed.

#23     Jan 2, 2007
  4. Rufawana

Rufawana

Totally agree with the sentiment.
    I'm not anti-US, just anti-stupidity.

#24     Jan 2, 2007
  5. Is is stupid to finally say, ENOUGH? I'm just throughly annoyed with the hate America, blame America crowd. I no longer give a shit what they think.

#25     Jan 2, 2007
  6. Rufawana

Rufawana

Mate, this is a chat thread, if you dont like the topic, change the channel.
    It is pythonesque, "what have the romans ever done for us" chat, but there is a problem and you're an ostrich.

#26     Jan 2, 2007
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Thats a broad stroke.

I think many of us hate the upper echelon of Kleptocrats and money powers who are running this fine country into the ground.

Theres a distinction.

The ideals and principles embodied in the Constitution - Old America - is worth fighting and dying for.

The empty shell of its former self - New America - is spiritually bankrupt and rotten to the core.

Our leaders and media have done a great job at selling New America as Old - falsely attaching our Patriotic sentiment to a corrupt and dying country.

Sadly, most Americans are too brainwashed to tell the difference.

#27     Jan 2, 2007
  8. OMG! Another self appointed intellectual. Please, enlighten me, oh great, all knowing elitist.

#28     Jan 2, 2007
  9. Rufawana

Rufawana

Sure thing. Which words confuse you?

#29     Jan 2, 2007
  10. Good thread. I did a quick read and may have missed if this was brought up:

I read in the paper a few years ago about the percent of the USA Gross National Product that the wars cost the USA. Each war costs the USA less and less, bellow are figures that I remember from the article and may be slightly off and it is an incomplete list:
    • Civil War 150% of GNP
    • WWI 150% of GNP
    • WWII 120% of GNP
    • Vietnam 60% of GNP
    • Persian Gulf 1% of GNP

Wars now are money makers for the USA.

#30     Jan 2, 2007