TWS Performance Graphs No Longer Work

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by guru, Apr 6, 2020.

1. guru

guru

This issue has been plaguing my TWS for the last several weeks, on different desktops and IB accounts. It basically seems to no longer work.
    For example just trying to display basic performance chart for simple SPY options/combo:

upload_2020-4-6_12-34-30.png

upload_2020-4-6_12-36-30.png

At least this is one feature that made TWS somewhat useful to me.
    Anyone else has these problems or knows what may be causing it, or a workaround?
    I'll try IB support as well.

2. traider

traider

Try using strategy builder, then click on the Profile button.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  3. guru

guru

That's where that feature is, and it doesn't work...
    Though it seems to happen only with specific combos, not with every strategy.
    IB support/chat just confirmed that it doesn't work for them either, so they'll be working on it

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  4. guru

guru

So IB support has disappeared and totally ignored the problem. The Performance Graphs in TWS still don't work, and I confirmed that this problem affects everyone in the world, even IB staff themselves. They also cannot display the Performance Graph for my above example, and various other examples I provided.

I'm getting tired of IB unable to support basic trading features of their product. You've looked at the problem, you've reproduced it, and then what? No one at IB is interested in having a working and usable product?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  5. guru

guru

And why is IB even calculating those performance charts on their servers instead of within the desktop/client software, like all other software that deals with options?
    What's so difficult to calculate options pricing within the desktop app, instead of putting load on your servers?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  6. ZBZB

ZBZB

They are growing at 5% a month. They maybe busy.

7. guru

guru

They won't be growing (or may grow less than they could) if they don't know about critical problems and that their customers cannot use their product.
    The support person I was chatting with was supposed to at least create a support ticket, but has not done so. There is no status and no one even acknowledged that they've assigned this issue to developers. Growth is not an excuse for sloppiness.

zion likes this.
  8. ZBZB

ZBZB

You can open your own ticket in the support system.

9. guru

guru

I just did. And I will continue documenting these issues here for legal purposes, and for anyone else who considers using IB. There are dozens of other issues that I'm not even complaining about, but a few are the main functionality of IB/TWS that I need, even if to just close my positions.

10. guru

guru

And BTW, yes, I could open my own ticket earlier but the chat support person told me he will do this. Now I've spent two days waiting for something that was supposed to be done but never was, and no one from IB updated me about it, or fixed the problem.

#10     Apr 8, 2020