TWS-Multiple Order Entry Windows?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by antares66, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Is it possible to open multiple order entry windows in tws?
    On DAS Trader, Lightspeed etc. you get an extra L2 Window for each stock.
    I could set up tws only with one order entry window.
    My question refers to daytrading.

Thanks

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

antares66, I just want to point out that 2 is not the limit on Lightspeed Trader. I'm not sure what the limit is. Here are 6 with order tickets.

upload_2020-1-10_16-24-30.png

3. traider

traider

Also 2 booktrader windows will be great. I opened it by mistake once but don't know how to replicate that feat

4. Hi It took me five hours and a complete re-install to work out how to do this....feat.... So you open TWS, unlock the layout thennnnn.... click on the chain symbol on the very top bar of the whole TWS window (near the clock) and change the group to something else... then you can open a new duplicate window of anything you like....except if you try scale trader or accumulate distribute and they don't work you open the alerts window and use the drop down menu on the next tab to open multiple accumulate or booktrader instances, I still cant get scaletrader to work... it used to but even with a clean install I can't get it working.

tonyf likes this.
  5. Update on Scaletrader. If you change the first layout under the tab named mosaic then the scaletrader stops working and wont open. So if you leave that tab and layout alone you will have scaletrader working as well. I reported it to IB and the CSR gave unintelligible responses.

6. tonyf

tonyf

thanks for that

7. tonyf

tonyf

any luck with ScaleTrader at this stage? have you found an alternative otherwise? I am trying to arb pairs of securities...