Two Tankers Damaged Near Strait of Hormuz; One Suffers ‘Suspected Attack’

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by SteveM, Jun 13, 2019.

1. SteveM

SteveM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-on-fire-in-sea-of-oman-u-k-body-starts-probe

The U.S. Fifth Fleet said two oil tankers were damaged in an incident near the Strait of Hormuz that one of the ships’ operators described as a suspected attack. Oil prices surged.

The incident will inflame already-rising political tensions in the region weeks after four vessels, including two Saudi oil tankers, were sabotaged in what the U.S. said was an Iranian attack using naval mines. Tehran denied the charge.

2. SteveM

SteveM

3. My intuition based on years of observation is that the attack was plotted by Israel / the US, and carried out by the Mossad / US special forces / Saudi special units.

Another way to look at it - who benefits from this when the US is trying to start a conflict with Iran?

My confirmation: US pointing fingers at Iran.

Same old modus operandi time and time again... 9/11, Libya, Sudan, Syria (chemical attack on civilians), Iraq (WMDs), Afghanistan, and now Iran.

P.S. Don't forget USS Liberty and the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

inb4 false flag attack needed to invade Iran. Where's Jesse Ventura to remind us of the Gulf of Tonkin.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  5. Banjo

Banjo

6. Cuddles

Cuddles

Undercover operations are generally more refined now. The Saudis/Americans/Sudanese/ insert government will fund some terrorist group to do the attack, the government can distance themselves and deny it, and is done so covertly, the terrorist groups don't even know where the funding truly is coming from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you !!

8. For low tech operations (e.g. sailing a small boat loaded with explosives toward a US destroyer on a suicide mission), Israel / US may delegate the job to their trained local terrorist groups. Attack in the sea using missiles entails use of more complex launching & targeting systems on boats or submersibles to evade detection by Iranian, Russian, Chinese vessels. I'm not sure Israel / US would entrust such false flags ops to the Arabs - besides, while they would readily attack Americans or Israelis, I don't think they would attack their own or third parties on a commercial oil tanker.

Yes, completely expected.

Being a puppet of the oil cartel & the military industrial complex, Trump and his cabinet of neo con loonies would readily risk war to achieve geopolitical ambitions, in the process pushing the oil price higher and paving the way for even more outrageous military spending (now over a trillion tax dollars a year).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  9. Tent

Tent

Kids are playing again. It is obvious that game rules are on the edge to be broken. However, I still think that you just need to follow the money flow in order to figure out who is gaining from this tricky game